Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new baby but I also ran into a few friends that insist that this model is on the way out and very soon to expect replacement. Any truth in this matter? Don't get me wrong, I really love the car just that I hate the feeling of my new car suddenly turing into the "older model" Need therapy

·
Registered
252 Posts
From what I have been told the earliest you will see a new version of the current Coup and Spyder will be for MY 2006. I am hoping that's true as I would trade in my car at the end of fall 2005 and order new one for a spring 2006 Delivery. And would be keeping my deal with my wife (Speaking of older outdated models) about getting at least two driving seasons out my cars. If you enjoy your car now that's all that is important

·
Registered
52 Posts
Andrew,

Thank you.

After watching my NSX languish in the garage due to the necessity of chauffeuring my two young'uns to school, etc. I decided a four seater was in order. Not content to follow the masses(BMW, Merc, Porsche), I followed my heart(at the insistence of my wife) to the Ferrari dealership. While taking home a 360 would have been sweet, the Maserati more than makes up for it. I'm looking forward to putting lots of miles on this baby. No garage queens in this family! ...and yes, I'm happy.

Take care,
Marc

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just enjoy the car and don't worry about future replacments. I, also, got alot of flack for buying a Maserati but it never affected me. The car is beautiful to look at, wonderfull to drive, and turns heads everywhere. I was planning on getting a BMW 645ci but as soon as I sat down and saw how bad the interior plastics were, I was offered the chance to get the Maserati by the dealer. He's owns both the BMW and Ferrari/Maserati dealerships, I said yes even before I sat or even looked at the car. Curiously, my Porsche owners friends liked and the "other" Ferrari/Mercedes/BMW crowd didn't at all.

The car is superb in that it's not the type that you see everyday. Just enjoy it and have fun with it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
There is a new model out for MY 06, we in England won't see it until mid 06 I expect. Autocar magazine this week said that an 02 Spider was worth up to £45k even with the prospect of the new model coming along. Not sure about that but they think that residuals for the 4.2 litre model should stay firm.

As far as whether you made the right choice, I bought an 04 Coupe in April over a BMW 645i and I made the right choice. The BM is brand spanking new but the interior has the stupid i-drive system, and is too much like a 3 series to warrant a price tag of over £55k (once you've specced it up to acceptable but not outrageous levels).

The Maserati has probably the best interior in the business, it's a blast to drive, people are always doing double takes (mine is Verde Goodwood with beige interior), and the reaction has always been brilliant.

Enjoy it now andwait for the new one. Let's see whether Pininfarina can design a beautiful car for the first time in 30 years

·
Registered
51 Posts
New model

As others have pointed out, there will be a new model in '06. It's hard to predict whether or not you'll like the Pininfarina styling cues better than the current model's styling based on the pre-release artists renderings, but one cannot argue with the classic and beautiful lines of the current vehicle.

It's actually quite interesting that maseroche and ggeo mention the Bimmer 645ci. I swung by the local BMW dealer and the GM for the place convinced me to take a test drive of the 645ci. Overall, the ride is much smoother, but comfort comes at the price of "feel". The Maserati never lets you forget that you are driving a sports car; the Bimmer tried to make you forget that you are driving one. It's no wonder that a recent Car and Driver reviewer called the 645ci the "Ultimate Driving Simulator".

After driving the Bimmer, I promptly drove to the Maserati dealer and bought an '04 Spyder Cambiocorsa. :wink:

D. Min

·
Registered
16 Posts
I looked at a few different cars before purchasing my 04 Argentina Luna Blue Spyder cambio. I looked at the SL500 as well as an XK8. To me there was really no comparison. I like to be different and this car being so rare attracts stares everywhere I go. I do understand the complaints about the slow shifting from start but I havent had a major issue with it. The color is incredible... the interior is the best interior in a car I have ever seen. My only real issue with the car is the NAV system and the stereo. The stereo is especially weak and I cannot find a shop to work on it. They will not touch it. Overall I love just getting into the car to drive anywhere. Its amazing

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
10 Participants
thebimbo
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing