Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, everyone - I'm clearly new here. We were lucky enough to get a 2007 QP and absolutely love it - I look forward to learning more about them and Maserati from this forum. I'm a "car guy," so this is definitely exciting.

That said, we brought home the lightly used '07 QP and just now got hit with a "suspension failure" warning. I ran a quick search and saw a few different answers, but is this something that I should bring to the dealer's attention ASAP? I really don't want to have to bring it in for service a day after I got it...

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
congrats! (on the QP)
mine fails on me before, and it will switch off the active damping.
it is something that they need to check and fix.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the same problem during the first 2 month when i just got the car. Did not borther to send in to the dealer. It appeared less than 10 time during that period. What I will do is stop and restart the car, and it goes away. Think that the problem should have solved by itself as it has been at least 2 month that i have not seen it lighted up.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
I have the same problem during the first 2 month when i just got the car. Did not borther to send in to the dealer. It appeared less than 10 time during that period. What I will do is stop and restart the car, and it goes away. Think that the problem should have solved by itself as it has been at least 2 month that i have not seen it lighted up.
Or, it happened so often, you burned the indicator light bulb out... ;-)

·
Registered
255 Posts
just now got hit with a "suspension failure" warning. I ran a quick search and saw a few different answers, but is this something that I should bring to the dealer's attention ASAP? I really don't want to have to bring it in for service a day after I got it...
Had this warning light on coupe when I first picked it up from dealer and dealer had to replace the Skyhook ECU to fix it (the ECU thought there was a fault in one of the dampers - but there was just a fault in the ECU!)
It was obviously in need of repair since:
- light on constantly
- dampers all locked in "hardest" setting permanently, resulting in a VERY hard ride (ouch!)

Apparently this is a fail safe mode if the ECU thinks there is a fault in the system. (sorry if you already read my original post on this)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same here Barbuckle - mine required the ECU to be replaced. Once done, everything was good. Before replacing, the old one thought the dampers were bad (they weren't) and would force the hard ride. Now she's good to go.

·
Sponsor
450 Posts
Yes those ECU's can trow a issue,
First check and confirm the connectors on the top mounts, that's a much cheaper and easier fix.

The ECU is i recall $475 but it depends on the spec of the car,
The system also uses two front wheel sensors it's worth check those before replacing the ecu.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts