Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the opportunity to drive the MC Victory GranSport this weekend during the Monterey festivities. What a car!! Not much different in performance than the GranSport I had driven previously, but the seats are phenomenal and the carbon fiber treatment with the blue thread is very nice. The interior has a purposeful race-car feel with the alcantara surfaces and carbon fiber throughout. Additionally, the paddles are HUGE. You can grab them with your hands in almost any position on the steering wheel - not that you'd want to, but they're very long and accessible. The seats are comfortable despite being tight - I'm not sure how comfortable they'd be if I were larger though (I'm 160lbs at 5'11") - but if you plan on any track work, you'd never need another seat. They still tilt forward enough to make the back seat accessible, though not quite as much as the coupe.

The colors I saw for the Victory cars were silver and metallic black (I saw no blue Victory's this weekend). All three MC Victory's I saw had black interiors.

I have to tell you, there's nothing quite like blasting down 17 mile drive toward the ocean at about 60mph, down shifting for a 90 degree right hander and flooring it up to about 90mph before slowing for pedestrians. The brakes, the sound of the engine, the whole package is incredibly addicting. And the MNA representative couldn't have been nicer...

I'm taking out a second mortgage...

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
nice. i would imagine a regular GS will not be too undifferent in the experience.

of course, if you can afford the premium (no discount) compare to a regular (discounted) GS, the MCV is the way to go.

btw, the sparco/enzo/mc12 seats are supposed to be sized... what does the MCV come in? i guess M?

·
Registered
279 Posts
If you didnt specify, u will get M...

I got M... :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Vincent said:
If you didnt specify, u will get M...

I got M... :)

Vincent & M!

Can you elaborate on size "M". Does it mean medium?

The reason I ask is that I was unaware that on my MC Victory I could order the Sparco carbon fiber seats in different sizes. My dealer did not tell me this bit of information.

I am finding the seats a bit "tight" from the side bolsters, which can not be adjusted, according the the Maserati service dept.

Any thoughts on what to do? I guess I can go on a diet!!

Saanik

·
Registered
279 Posts
I think there are supposed to be 3 sizes... but then they have narrowed that down to 2 sizes (medium and large)... I was told if i dont specify, i will get medium (M).

However I am not sure whether such a big seat is a good idea... a tight squeeze (obviously not cutting blood to our bums) will be a good fit.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
from what i understand the enzo seats can be custom ordered in different sizes; and so was the MC12. i was extrapolating from this...

·
Registered
909 Posts
This is in response to a previous thread which I couldn't find under search. Someone was wondering what colors were avail on the victory.

Blu Victory, Blu Mediterraneo, Grigio Touring, Nero Carbonio, Rosso Mondiale, Giallo Granturismo, Bianco Fuji

10 leather shades, 3 piping colors - red, white, yellow, and 4 alcantara colors - balck, gray, beige, and Blu Trofeo.

Carbon kit - under-door moldings, door moldings, steering wheel

Seats - the only notation I have seen on size is that the regular GranSport seats, with heat and memory, and black rear shells, are available as a special order. I have not seen any official material from Maserati regarding seat sizing.

- Mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts