Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my 2011 GranTurismo 4.2L -- stock except for a Larini exhaust (mufflers + Xpipe) -- I've been averaging 10.8mpg over the past several months.

Granted, I drive very short distances. As my daily driver, I take on Granturismo about 5 miles roundtrip to and from work 6 times a week. I rarely drive on the highway; no more than two or three times a month. During those rare occasions, I get my mileage up to about 19mpg. So yes, I realize that my driving habits/style are keeping my mpg down, but I wonder if anyone else out there gets such low mpg as I do.

Just wanted to see what kind of mileage numbers you chaps get out there.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Got 23 mpg on cruise at 85. Got 18.4 on the way home with a few 130-140 mph blasts. It was a little over a 500 mile round trip. Got my windshield cracked. $2900.00 replacement cost at dealer. There is no aftermarket glass. Thankfully I have $100 glass deductible. Haven't checked mileage in town but I know it isn't much. But the 14 MC is the most economical vehicle I've owned ha ha. My old GMC 2500 gets 8 mph with the 8.1 liter big block. I told my wife how happy I was to get such great gas mileage. Her reply was, "you could have bought a hell of a lot of gas for $150k." Sometimes wives just don't understand.;)

·
Registered
445 Posts
I use my '09 as a daily driver and get about 16.5 mpg with FD DBW installed. I can get as much as 18 or 19 for extended periods of time if I drive 'normal'.

Since the DBW, i'm down quite a bit because my damn foot can't help pressing down to the floor! :)

BTW - I have almost 78k miles on my car. Anyone have more??

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Got 23 mpg on cruise at 85. Got 18.4 on the way home with a few 130-140 mph blasts. It was a little over a 500 mile round trip. Got my windshield cracked. $2900.00 replacement cost at dealer. There is no aftermarket glass. Thankfully I have $100 glass deductible. Haven't checked mileage in town but I know it isn't much. But the 14 MC is the most economical vehicle I've owned ha ha. My old GMC 2500 gets 8 mph with the 8.1 liter big block. I told my wife how happy I was to get such great gas mileage. Her reply was,

1. "you could have bought a hell of a lot of gas for $150k."

2. Sometimes wives just don't understand.;)
1: Yup, and be miserable!

2: Yeah, some of 'em. Thankfully I've got one that does!!: :cheers:

·
Registered
349 Posts
10.5 - i drivein manual/sport most of the time...

I never thought my TT would be the LEV in my family (RRS - 10mpg lol)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Never stopped to think about MPG in this car.

·
Registered
244 Posts
2013 GT sport average 10.2. I could get much better mileage if i drove in auto and not sport manual but I love the sound of those down shifts especially under a tunnel or overpass!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the replies, gents. I was worried that my sub-11mpg average was a cause for concern, but it seems I'm just part of the sport mode enthusiast club.

·
Premium Member
4,111 Posts
Not good. About 10 mpg. Almost exclusively in the city in Sport/Manual with a somewhat heavy right foot (for you folks who drive on the wrong side of the street, that's the accelerator pedal).

1 - 20 of 37 Posts