Maserati Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

This is my first Maserati car and I just drove back home a MY08 Granturismo, the car looks very good, engine is very good (actually I was expecting less power) but one important thing I am not happy which is no ipod integration? I know their the the AUX & USB port but this is does not give you any selection. Also when I tried the Jukebox with the HiFi burning option, the quality was way below the ACC encryption that iTines use.

Is their an advance ipod kit that gives you full features including display, changing songs...etc? if yes how much?

If not, can you install a CD changer? which takes 6 CDs?

Are you satisfied with the Jukebox thing! I was expecting much better options than this for such high price been paid!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
You need to email Buzz..

He is a member on here, he has had a fully integrated alpine system put in his car, and I mean fully integrated, wasn't super expensive and it blows away anything else you can get from Maserati... Search for Buzz and send him an email via the private messages area...

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
wow i thought there was something really wrong with the granturismo that makes some new owner unhappy. no ipod integration?...

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
Sorry to see the iPod thing is making you regret your purchase. May I suggest winding down the window, and unleashing the 405 ponies instead ;)

·
Registered
181 Posts
why don't you just burn a bunch of mp3 files on a CDROM? You can burn around 200 songs on a regular CDROM. That's what I do, and I find it easier to do that connecting my ipod everytime I get in the car. Or you can burn them into your jukebox at 192 Kbps which is good quality. But, I found the burning function quite annoying because it takers so damn long to upload.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow i thought there was something really wrong with the granturismo that makes some new owner unhappy. no ipod integration?...
Well, the iPod thing is very important ... the car in general is good actually although it feels big and on high speed feels floating. But overall the car has good build quality and looks nice.

I will check the Alpine thing but I hope it is not somthing that you have to go to work shop and take off the current Bose ...etc

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He is a member on here, he has had a fully integrated alpine system put in his car, and I mean fully integrated, wasn't super expensive and it blows away anything else you can get from Maserati... Search for Buzz and send him an email via the private messages area...
Many thanks, I will do it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well, the iPod thing is very important ... the car in general is good actually although it feels big and on high speed feels floating. But overall the car has good build quality and looks nice.

I will check the Alpine thing but I hope it is not somthing that you have to go to work shop and take off the current Bose ...etc
What do you mean by high speed?

I feel extremly comfy in my GT at 260 km/h which is something like 160 miles/h.
This weekend I test drove a Ferari 612 around the same speed and this car was a kind of floating...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts