Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Pending the car arriving in one piece, I just bought a 2005 Maserati Quattroporte from Chase Financial Services (a lease return) for $46,000. It is still under warranty and has 31k miles. All services have been done at Maserati in Tampa and the car has a clean carfax. It is in good condition and the clutch was changed around 20k miles. Car is silver on red with most options. Did I get a really good deal? Is there something I'm missing or I should be careful for considering the mileage, although not insane, is rather high for a maserati since the previous owner used it as a daily driver? Thanks for your feedbacks.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Hi guys,

Pending the car arriving in one piece, I just bought a 2005 Maserati Quattroporte from Chase Financial Services (a lease return) for $46,000. It is still under warranty and has 31k miles. All services have been done at Maserati in Tampa and the car has a clean carfax. It is in good condition and the clutch was changed around 20k miles. Car is silver on red with most options. Did I get a really good deal? Is there something I'm missing or I should be careful for considering the mileage, although not insane, is rather high for a maserati since the previous owner used it as a daily driver? Thanks for your feedbacks.
i think it is a great deal. silver on red is sexy.

·
Registered
340 Posts
It may need the 30K service and you will need to check the tires. Worst case though $4 - $5K to do both which is still a good deal.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Hi guys,
Did I get a really good deal? Is there something I'm missing or I should be careful for considering the mileage, although not insane, is rather high for a maserati since the previous owner used it as a daily driver? Thanks for your feedbacks.
Sounds like you got a great deal. Since this is your first post and we don't know your background, please remember that this car was $120+K new, so consequently this car is not a Toyota Avalon. I know that sounds rather obvious, but when it comes to maintenance or parts replacement issues you are dealing with "exotic" prices and services. Not to mention the occasional Italian quirk.
The early QPs do have some fit/trim/finish issues but I believe they are mechanically sound. Generally, these cars are reliable and there are some great DIY threads here to help keep costs down. Post some pics when you can.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My Background: Big fan of custom tailered exotic cars. I think the definition of exotic is "quality" and "different." That is exactly what a maserati is.

Cars:
I owned a CLS55 at the moment and a 64 Lincoln Continental Covertible. My previous cars have been M3, CLK55, Hummer, Tahoe.

so i think its time to enter the exotic car level. I like this forum alot becuase in reading the recent posts I respect the fact that so many members input their thoughts and adivse to other members' questions/comments/concerns, Looking forward to being a new owner upon dilivery. Hope that answers the previous question...

·
Registered
236 Posts
Wow, sounds like a very good deal from here in the UK, I would struggle to get a car like that for under £50k so $46k sounds like a steal, well done and enjoy.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Re: the mileage. Maserati owners do use their cars more than their Ferrari counterparts, for example, so the mileage shouldn't concern you unduly. It just proves it's been reliable enough to use regularly IMO.

I owned a 2004 QP and loved it. My wife still breaks my balls over getting rid of it. Get used to feeling like a celeb, it's going to be awesome.:D

·
Registered
793 Posts
---I just bought a 2005 Maserati Quattroporte from Chase Financial Services (a lease return) for $46,000.
Very smart way to buy and a great deal.

You'll probably be dealing with a clutch issue as is characteristic of that model but for what you paid you can throw a few grand into the clutch and still have a great car.

Nice going.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I think it's a great deal. I just bought an '05 qp for $52k, with 23k miles, full service history from a local dealer, with the original window sticker showing a $120k+ price.

So I think the market is around there for a clean model with warranty left and FSH. I expect further harsh depreciation from here on, however.

As for the exotic piece, I equate exotic with exciting, desirable and 'unknown'. Having driven Porsches for 15yrs, you get used to very high reliability, but Italian...? so yes, they're exotic, and so far I'm very happy I'm in the Modena camp.

dave

·
Registered
91 Posts
Sounds like a great deal any way you look at it. I bought my 05 QP back in December 07 for $55k (Black/Red car), which at the time was probably the lowest priced QP around. My car had 22,000 miles, an original MSRP of just under $120k and is under warranty until September. It needed new tires and a service, and spent some time at the dealer for warranty issues that are now corrected, but I felt like the car was a tremendous value at what I paid. Almost $10k less is a steal. Did you buy it directly from Chase or a dealer auction?

·
Registered
65 Posts
There is a 05 QP from the dealer here in Hong Kong, with 40+Km on it, asking for HK$1M or around US$128K, and the new one is HK$1.5M, so that's still 67% of the price or around 10% depreciation for each year. You're having a great deal worldwide.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
There is a 05 QP from the dealer here in Hong Kong, with 40+Km on it, asking for HK$1M or around US$128K, and the new one is HK$1.5M, so that's still 67% of the price or around 10% depreciation for each year. You're having a great deal worldwide.
i assume you mean 40,000 km?
that is a lot of mileages in HK.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Hi guys,

Good Deal. I bought mine from Chase when my lease was up as well. You can really work
them down with a few phone calls. They definitely do not want to hold onto cars.

·
Registered
65 Posts
i assume you mean 40,000 km?
that is a lot of mileages in HK.
HK is not a big city, I'm driving everyday and that's about 10,000 Km each year. So this QP with 40,000 Km in 3 years is a bit high than average, any potential buyer have to bargain with the dealer in this for a attractive price.

·
Registered
5 Posts
m3911t:

Do you have a contact or URL to locate cars coming off leases from Chase Financial. I think you got yourself one heck of a deal. Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks for the great comments guys....chase took it to auction upon return...the deal i know purchased the car and sold it to me...still waiting for it to get here back from the mid east and im in LA, CA.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.