Maserati Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to know if anyone has access to the side rocker panels (spares) and a set of 19" gransport rims?

What spring set would lower the vechile by an inch? Would you lower the car by more than an inch?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
1" for a Coupe should be just fine. I lowered my GS 1" and is kinda low...

Do a search and you'll find some reviews on those mods.

·
Registered
35 Posts
not more than 1 inch

My 04 is down 1 inch and is great on the track, but has "challenges" in city driving (speed bumps, etc). Have Tubi exhaust and love it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
springs

So by adding the springs will this lower the car? I may not want to put springs plus lower it an extra inch...might be too low.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Can't tell you for sure. It was done at the local Ferrari dealership and I bought it that way.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
The springs will automatically lower the car, plus you can have the mechanic adjust them any way you like,.

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
Justin,

Welcome to the forum, it's a wealth of information and the 04 CC is an excellent choice! Feel free to call us if you have any questions on springs or anything else Maserati.

Best Regards,
-- Jeff

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
So by adding the springs will this lower the car? I may not want to put springs plus lower it an extra inch...might be too low.
Justin,
best advice on this one is to figure out what you want the car to do, then give Jeff @ Formula Dynamics a call and tell him what you want. From there Jeff will give you a list of upgrades that will make it happen. All of us here have worked with Jeff, and he goes out of his way to make sure you get what you want...

BTW, Welcome to the Maserati Family.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
Are there any other items which are a most which help with performance?
A nice & easy one is to change out the stock paper filter for a free-flow BMC. Hard to say exactly what performance improvement is made (may a few HP) but, it will allow your engine to breathe easier....I also think it slightly improved the exhaust note as well....FWIW.

Welcome to ML Justin.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome. I'm a good old southern boy who enjoys lots of jokes and plenty of drinks!! Anyway it seems I need to call Jeff when the slush account gets back up.

Still on the hunt for the 05 rocker panels and 19" rims...

Thanks, Justin

·
Registered
266 Posts
04 CC Rocks

I bought mine new and I love it!

Just keep driving it. After 4 years it is the only car I can drive for extended periods. When I hit the road with the family in the van I ask my wife and daugheter to drive while I watch dvds in the back seat.

But in the Coupe, I want to keep driving. I was thinking about taking a sabbatical and driving Chicago to west coast back to Fl up to NE then back to Chicgo. Just to drive!

Best car I ever had. I test drove a 550 Maranello and it was great - just like my CC!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts