Maserati Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over 200 miles today and loving it. I just have a couple observances and would like thoughts from existing owners. Here goes:

Q: When shifting while driving spirited should one
1. listen to the manual and keep the foot hard into the throttle while upshifting? I think the shifts are better with this method
2. Slightly lift off the trottle while shifting? Manual says not too, dealer says to. Maybe they want us in more often for service.

Q: When cruising below 45mph should one
1. Follow the UP signal shift indicator shifts are like 15mph, 25mph, etc
I belive this gets you better gas consumption, but does this impact the CC
2. Follow the manual and shift closer to 5500rpm.

Q: Ok to go from "Sport" to "Regular" on the fly say when transitioning from hwy to side streets? Or should one engage "Sport" at start up and not depress while in motion? The manual doesn't go into detail on it.

Q: My head unit was changed from the Becker to an Alpine. Does that mean I can actually swap to any headunit now that the hard part of removing and rewiring the stock unit is already done? Not that I can even listen to music with that sweet sound going on behind me ;)

Ok, Don't want the thread to be too long. I will compile some more another time. Should we think about having a sticky or a FAQ for common new owner
questions?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
congrats!
i saw keep the foot into throttle while upshifting, and shift whenever u feels like it. pretty unrealistic to always shift at 5500 rpm.
you can switch from sport to regular anytime.
not sure about the alpine, perhaps they already have a harness in there for the rewiring.

enjoy!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
congrats!
i saw keep the foot into throttle while upshifting, and shift whenever u feels like it. pretty unrealistic to always shift at 5500 rpm.
you can switch from sport to regular anytime.
not sure about the alpine, perhaps they already have a harness in there for the rewiring.

enjoy!
GREAT! Thanks M! I know, it's totally not possible to shift at 5500 at all times. Since the car was consigned, I didn't direct contact with the owner. It also has a 400W amp where the spare goes. I will just have to do some research not a problem. The System sounds great, but I would rather have a single DIN with NAV.

·
Registered
722 Posts
One great thing on the GS is that it will take a single-DIN standard headend without headaches.. unless you choose one that's too long. I think the audio connectors are ISO standard.

I want NAV, Bluetooth, HD radio, and SD card interface in a 1-din w/o extra boxes. Can't buy one yet though.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Perfect!

BTW, if the Panny unit is longer than the Becker OEM, some gent on this forum has had a carbon-fiber panel replacement made that allows the deeper headend, and still looks pretty good.

·
Registered
99 Posts

Q: When shifting while driving spirited should one
1. listen to the manual and keep the foot hard into the throttle while upshifting? I think the shifts are better with this method
2. Slightly lift off the trottle while shifting? Manual says not too, dealer says to. Maybe they want us in more often for service. .....
Its tough when accelerating hard, but if you can knock off precision shifts they can really be smooth. I always "flap" the accelerator pedal when shifting to smooth out the shift. I launch the shift, and wait a fraction of a second before flapping the pedal. Its a little different between up and down shifting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.