Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a bit pricey but I think it looks good. Comes close to the third brake light. What do you think?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
nice! a few technical questions:
1) is it the same part number as the GS spoiler?
2) installation? is it taped on?

i was looking into getting the blue CF one from the MCV..............

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
M! said:
nice! a few technical questions:
1) is it the same part number as the GS spoiler?
2) installation? is it taped on?

i was looking into getting the blue CF one from the MCV..............
It is made for the GS. I am assuming it was the same item #. It was bolted and taped on. Very professional job done by Algar Maserati.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Can you give me a price for the part and the Labor they charged you?

I really like the way that turned out.

Props to you!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The part was $600. They charged me $700 to paint and install. Like I said a bit expensive but it is a Ferrari/Maserati dealer.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I called my Dealer..

haha said:
nice...would it work for mine?
the part #s from the 06 are the same for the 02-05, so I was told it would likely work on all Spyders.

it is a special order part and I was quoted $635.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Alternative to the dealer part

After finding this ebay listing for a QP rear spoiler:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Maserati-Quattroporte-Custom-Roof-Spoiler-2003-New_W0QQitemZ120051001022QQihZ002QQcategoryZ33638QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I contacted the seller about a Spoiler for the Spyder. He said he has just purchased the Gransport Spoiler at the dealer and is in the process of making a Mold to replicate it. He will be selling his version for $429, plus $24 shipping, His spoiler will come painted, vs the unpainted one from the dealer.

I am seriously considering picking one up. He has a waiting/want list and expects to have them done in 3 weeks.

·
Registered
202 Posts
demoe said:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Maserati-Quattroporte-Custom-Roof-Spoiler-2003-New_W0QQitemZ120051001022QQihZ002QQcategoryZ33638QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I contacted the seller about a Spoiler for the Spyder. He said he has just purchased the Gransport Spoiler at the dealer and is in the process of making a Mold to replicate it. He will be selling his version for $429, plus $24 shipping, His spoiler will come painted, vs the unpainted one from the dealer.

I am seriously considering picking one up. He has a waiting/want list and expects to have them done in 3 weeks.

this is so cool man,

i love the idea, i actually think i got a spoiler from the same dealer for my BMW.

i am so in...

·
Registered
187 Posts
I was actually thinking of having my trunk modified to have a duckbill like the CSL M3 or Vanquish. I have a few friends in the business and might run it by them. Also thought of a raised 2" Ferrari style straight across spoiler with adjustable angles.

I think I want a little more than the lip spoiler and defienetly want to achieve downforce.

Robb

·
Registered
202 Posts
i actually talked to the guy that is selling these, and i asked if he could give a discount with more orders. he said that the price cold go down to $379.00 painted and $319.00 not painted (the original price is $429.00).

he wanted a minimum order of 10 spoilers. please let me know if anyone is interested and i will add you to the list. i am not making any money of this so don't worry. my only motivation is to save some $$ on my order and if i need 9 more people to get a better price. then, dammit I'll try to find them...:)

***Andrew, i PM you to make sure this group buy was cool.***

he mention that the spoiler will be an exact copy of the original, and will come with 3M double sided tape that will hold the spoiler to the trunk.

PM or email me if you are interested...

-willie
[email protected]

p.s. the shipping is a flat $24.00 for US customers

·
Registered
513 Posts
I'm in

not sure if we can get 8 others, but that would be cool if we did.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Put me down for 2, thanks.

My contact info is below if the group buy goes through.

·
Registered
202 Posts
OK guys,

we have 6 counting me, four more and we are set. please email me your car color if you wanted painted, and i will forward the info.

i emailed the company today and he said that he is actually almost done with the cast and reproduction.

I'll keep you updated,

Willie

·
Registered
202 Posts
hi guys,

i have one more person that is interested, we are 7 only 3 more to go. please email me if you have any questions. i will contact the seller and see if we can start with 7 and just ad the 3 later.

-willie

[email protected]

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
demoe said:

Sounds very cheap. Make sure he gives directions for the bolt on application. Unless he only uses the 3M tape. Group purchase will save you guys money.

·
Registered
202 Posts
OK so i just got a email from the guy and he has the first prototype at his shop.

i will copy exactly what he emailed me and put some picture below. ones i hear back from him i will start a new tread with the details on the group buy.

-willie

"Hi Willie,

I just received the 1 st part made from our mold, The fit is Excellent, Pic's enclosed of our Gransport spoiler, Unpainted, just laying on car, with a little piece of scatch clea tape at each corner to hold on for pictures.

Our Spoiler comes with 3M tape on backing, witch is all that is needed to install this very light spoiler. Very Secure, and no need to drill holes in to such a beauctiful car, average handy person can install on their car in about 5 minutes!

I have just contacted our manufacturing manager, to go ahead and Air Freight at least 20 to me right away, as soon as they arrive in the next few days we can get going on orders for you."

Attachments

1 - 20 of 38 Posts