Maserati Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '08 GranTurismo. I've burned CDs into the jukebox and also copied an MP3 CD into the Jukebox. Whenever I play songs from the Jukebox, the first 1/2 second or first second of the track is skipped. It happens for all tracks. Does anyone else experience this? If so, is there a solution other than adding 1/2 second of dead air to every track?

Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I too have a 08 granturismo and have noticed this same thing.... I took it to the dealership today to have it checked out and they upgraded it to the latest software but I still get the skipping on the beginning of the tracks... Its not on every track, but probably the majority... I also notice it happening when I play the CD that I copied (an mp3 cd) but when I play it at home the cd plays without skips.... Have you found that the problem is corrected by putting in a longer gap between songs?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Damn,
I have not even gotten that far yet.
I am still having a problem playing MP3 cds.
Any particular way that the MP3 cd should be burned?
I tried just burning a "data" cd with mp3 files and it did not work.
tx

·
Registered
402 Posts
Damn,
I have not even gotten that far yet.
I am still having a problem playing MP3 cds.
Any particular way that the MP3 cd should be burned?
I tried just burning a "data" cd with mp3 files and it did not work.
tx
MP3 CDs have worked OK for me, I have not made use of Jukebox yet. I would suggest making sure the CD is "closed" , are you using Windows Vista by chance?

I may actually get a chance to try the Jukebox today...60 degrees in Chicago!!! Snow Saturday :mad:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Guys, I haven't noticed the skipping of the first second or so. But, about mp3-cds... Make sure you are actually using a CD-R not a DVD-R or DVD+R disc. I have tried all three to burn mp3s to and only a true CD-R will play in the system.

I also copied an mp3-cd to the jukebox and it seemed to work fine. Does anyone know if an mp3-cd gets copied does it re-encode the mp3 files based on the bitrate setting of the jukebox or does it just copy the original mp3s and not re-encode?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts