Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New owner I can’t always view the jokebox option to manage and delete songs. And I can’t always copy a CD. It seems to come on and off randomly. Is there something I am missing or is the system naturally this glitchy and are there any workarounds?

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
Sounds like you might be suffering from early stage hard drive failure.
Does your radio over have a white screen on start up, or take a couple of attempts to get going?

C

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only sometimes the white screen with the Maserati logo sometimes which seems normal. But that it is slowly on its way out makes sense it definitely seems like some sort of error even though functioning perfectly in all other respects. Is there anything I can do like remove the hard drive and run a checkdisk to repair errors or even replace the hard drive and create a mirror image or would I have to buy original Maserati?

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
Not much to check, but you can get replacement, imaged drives from a guy in the UK who (with some help ;) ) managed to copy the structure of the disc and clone it on to brand new SSDs. Which are <£200 and not too hard to swap over.

New unit from Maserati is IRO $4000 if I recall.

C

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks very helpful it might come in useful either way as many say the hard drives only last about 10yrs which makes sense with any hard drive. But it wasn’t the problem I was having it seems I just didn’t know how to use the unit. It first copies then it compresses when it is done compressing the functions come back took me a couple attempts before I realized that it was compressing the cd I just inputted and not something it does often.

·
Registered
18 Posts
HI Guys,

This is a general question about the Jukebox. I have a GTS and use the Jukebox but I am not sure when the HDD is full. Will the system tell me when I try to load a CD that its full or will it just refuse to load anymore CD's.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Following advice on this site I have now had a look in the Jukebox settings which shows there is 82% free space. Except I don 't believe it as I already have 19 cd's loaded. Surely that number will take up more space on the HDD? Sorry can't help with the question from 08SRX although Catmanv2's response would appear sensible. When I bought the GT I deleted the previous owner's CD's and started again which up until now has worked well.

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
The drive is 30G from memory. An MP3 compressed CD will be IRO 60M (again from memory, it's been a very long time since I cared about compression ratios and disc space)
So that'd be about 11G of space used. Or about 63% free. The 82% seems perfectly reasonable if there is a slightly higher compression than 10:1

Cheers

C

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hmmm. I thought I have been using just my memory stick to play songs-plugged in to the glove box jack. Now, after reading this discussion, I am thinking maybe I am using the hard drive and not my plugged in thumb drive.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Does anyone know of a way of listening to either the radio or preferably the CD which is being downloaded to the Jukebox?

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
You can't listen to the CD which is being encoded, or the jukebox while the process is taking place (from memory)
To listen to the radio simply select the radio source....

C

1 - 20 of 22 Posts