Maserati Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am a Bloomberg News automotive reporter seeking an interview with someone who purchased a new Maserati in the past six months or so. Sales are up 16 percent this year in the U.S. while the luxury segment is down 15 percent. I essentially want to know what drew you to buy this vehicle as opposed to something else in the range.
Mike Ramsey
Bloomberg News
[email protected]
248-827-2946

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
The answer...

Michael,
if you troll around here on this site you will quickly find what causes a person to buy a Maserati... Even wait for a year to get one. It's all about performance and emotion, there is no other car on the market, other than Ferrari, that will make you love driving your car.. It's the sound, the power, the comfort, the smell, all of it. It's like taking in a fine dining establishment with all the bells and whistles! Driving a Maserati is a treat for the senses, and all of them at that.. You need to go down to your local dealer and take a test drive... Once you do that, you will be among us as an owner...

-Mark

I don't qualify for your 6 months criteria, but I do own one and love it!

Guys, please let Michael know why our cars are so special, especially all of us here who have the new Gran Turismo!

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Whoever sees the article first post it here...

So we can all see what was written.. I am hoping he goes for a test drive....

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
....everything else is simply transportation.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The best car I ever had

Hello Mike,

I purchase my Maserati on May 14th.
I had been looking for a sports car that would seat four since I have a wife and two kids for over 1 year. I tried almost everything out there, just to name a few: Porsche, Audi, BMW's, including the Ford GT which is only a two sitter. But when I tested drove the GS I knew I was sold on it. The car is beautiful but yet not ostentatious, performance is great, the sound of the exhaust like music to your ears, etc. I bought it as a primary car knowing the mileage was poor and maintanance high , but the satisfaction I get from driving it is priceless.

Micahel Azabache

·
Registered
793 Posts
---I essentially want to know what drew you to buy this vehicle as opposed to something else in the range.
I think you'll find a great interest in the car due to its Ferrari homologation and it's Italian beauty and flair.

You'll probably also find that Maserati's inclusion of the fabulous automatic transmission since the M/Y 2007 has attracted those buyers who were formerly BMW or M-B and wanted a different choice for a very classy car.

They are beautiful cars and they share some of the Ferrari mystique.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
If I can add my two cents, I was drawn to Maseratis because of their cars' combination of elegance, refinement and performance. Moreover, the marque has undoubtly a proud historical racing heritage that is tangible in all of their cars.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Exclusivity

Is a huge differentiation point when it comes to owning a Maserati. In my opinion the MB, the BMW, and Audi make a more solid car, in terms of reliability, bang for the buck, and techno gadgetry, however, the elegance, exclusivity, and beauty of the Maserati is in a class by itself.

Maserati is also a "new" brand interms of it's marketing in the US. And what I mean by this, is that Lambo, Ferrari, Aston Martin have always been in movies one way or another. A lot of people want a Vantage because of the James bond movie, it's something they've seen, but maserati's have been in Low production since the Quartro porte and now the GT.

Lastly, the Look of the GT speaks volumes. It's just stunning and for the price a lot more classier than anything else in its category.

·
Registered
43 Posts
my maser purchase

I to do not qualify as a "new" buyer but I bought mine as I wanted something different, something not seen on the Calgary roads that is still a beast to drive....and my GS QUALIFIES as such, a new ferrari/maser dealership opened up in town, I spoke with service guys, in all of alberta, 52 masers only 3 GS', mine being the one and only anni blue LE model....by comparison there are about 256 f-cars apparently (all generations)...I would say I got what i was looking for! Also I have had this car for 2 weeks now, and everytime i sit in the damn thing my heart starts racing, I have never gotten the butterflies from driving a car before IN MY LIFE! Steal of the century! It will be very hard to go back to my lancer for the winter! LOL

·
5,887 Posts
a new ferrari/maser dealership opened up in town, I spoke with service guys, in all of alberta, 52 masers only 3 GS', mine being the one and only anni blue LE model
Never trust what the dealer tells you. I have a Maserati, in Alberta (Calgary), and I'm sure it's not in FMoA's count of 52 cars ;)

On a side note, at least one other Calgary owner (FlashGordon) posts here. Maybe it's time to see if we can get a small group drive together.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
518 Posts
I was down in Orlando for a wedding and walked into Ferrari of Central Florida to look at used Ferrari 550 and 575s when the Bordeaux and over Cream 08 QP Exec caught my eye, yes amongst an entire collection of ferraris the Maserati Sedan was the first car I actually noticed. I had been looking for a new sedan as my 01 S600 is getting up there in miles (she will now be put on winter duty until it hits 100k) and due to the problems I have had with the W220 merc I did not want another MB sedan. I find the current 7 series visually unappealing and no matter how hard I try I just dont like the big Jags. I already owned an 05 Maserati Cambiocorsa Coupe and greatly enjoyed the driving expierence it provided, I was given a discount from sticker that made the car a bit below the cost of another V12 S class so I bought it...The QP is the most enjoyable and engaging large sedan I have driven in ages, I am actually thinking about taking her to the track on friday for an open track event, something I would have never considered in my other large sedans.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I get my new QP Sport GT-S in just over a week's time (can hardly wait!) and the reason that I chose to have another Maserati was the whole ownership experience is unlike anything else on offer today. It is a genuinely useable practical exotic that brings a smile to my face every time I get in it to do the daily commute to work. I don't like to follow the "heard" and the Masers offer exclusivity without the snob factor, they are beautiful pieces of automotive engineering that everyone seems to appreciate. But perhaps most importantly they are also seriously good to drive, what other manufacturer can deliver all of this for a price which whilst it could never be called cheap, does in its market segment genuinely offer incredibly good value for money.

Head, your should definatley take it to the track, EVO magazine tested it and it is quicker than an M5 round their track!!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.