1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
78 Posts
BBC must be taking advice from McLean Stevenson's agent (who told him to leave M*A*S*H* after 72 episodes... it ran for over 250).

·
Premium Member
4,111 Posts
That's one of my Top 5 shows, but he did hit the guy, so, ya know... the firing isn't a big surprise.

The producer's trip to the hospital seems a bit pathetic doesn't it? I've been hit in the face, and sustained a bloody lip, but driving myself to the hospital never entered my mind. It never would. I guess if I wanted to embarrass the attacker and punish them that would be one way to do it.

This is bad news. Even if he deserved it I'll miss that show. Can he be replaced???

·
Super Moderator
3,294 Posts
It seems Richard and James are sticking with him. Those three likely have a very bright future. I read somewhere that people like NetFlix are already considering deals for another "pokey motoring show"

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Unfortunate for sure, but something tells me he'll land on his feet. It would be nice if the three stick together. I'd love to see what they come up with next.

·
Premium Member
4,111 Posts
The three do have an unmatched chemistry but TG producers are their George Martins. It's a frighteningly well-crafted show after years of honing and those guys and girls behind the scenes get much of the credit for keeping the hour entertaining, and for arranging and enduring impossible treks.

If the three start a new show, and I hope they do, I hope they snag some of the key faces from behind the scenes, too.

This was a huge moneymaker for BBC. I bet they're pissed about losing him (i.e. the money), but what could they do?

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They could have docked his wages, or given him a warning... or let big boys sort it out themselves. Either way it is the British license fee payers that lose out as they fund the show through TV license which pays for BBC and keeps it advert free.

They'll probably end up on Sky. Here's hoping anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
TBigs
Maserati Forum
We’re a forum to discuss the Maserati Coupé, Spyder, GranTurismo, Ghibli, Quattroporte and more!
Full Forum Listing