Maserati Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought the Sport Springs and BMC filter from Jeff.
I have yet to have them installed, but........
I have had many questions in regards to other mods to be done to the car, and all I can say is......... WOW!!!!!!

Jeff's customer service, knowledge, and willingness to "take time" to speak to you and help you understand is spot on, and some of the best I have ever encountered.
I will be doing ECU and DBW sooner than expected as well. Oh, and who knows what else! lol

Jeff, thank you for just that. Great products and customer service.
What more could you ask. :)

·
Registered
744 Posts
You should add the DBW and brake lines/ pads when you get a chance MaSeRaTi. These, plus the springs totally transform the car.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
That's Jeff!!! So I order Larini X Pipe and Cat By-Pass. Jeff get's the parts, does a test fitment, then he calls me, says I have 3 options for shipping and which one would I want. From there he explains to me the differences in each part and how it performs better than stock, how the new Cat By-Pass scavenges the exhaust better and gives me another 18hp and 37 more pounds of torque... As I told Jeff, we are very spoiled!!!!!!!!! Where else have you ever seen customer service this good? I haven't seen anywhere other than Jeff and Formula Dynamics and tomorrow I will be putting on my new exhaust... BTW, the DBW is one of those parts that does major improvements to the car.

I just recently bought the Sport Springs and BMC filter from Jeff.
I have yet to have them installed, but........
I have had many questions in regards to other mods to be done to the car, and all I can say is......... WOW!!!!!!

Jeff's customer service, knowledge, and willingness to "take time" to speak to you and help you understand is spot on, and some of the best I have ever encountered.
I will be doing ECU and DBW sooner than expected as well. Oh, and who knows what else! lol

Jeff, thank you for just that. Great products and customer service.
What more could you ask. :)

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You should add the DBW and brake lines/ pads when you get a chance MaSeRaTi. These, plus the springs totally transform the car.
Thanks flash. I know the DBW is a definite very soon!
That's Jeff!!! So I order Larini X Pipe and Cat By-Pass. Jeff get's the parts, does a test fitment, then he calls me, says I have 3 options for shipping and which one would I want. From there he explains to me the differences in each part and how it performs better than stock, how the new Cat By-Pass scavenges the exhaust better and gives me another 18hp and 37 more pounds of torque... As I told Jeff, we are very spoiled!!!!!!!!! Where else have you ever seen customer service this good? I haven't seen anywhere other than Jeff and Formula Dynamics and tomorrow I will be putting on my new exhaust... BTW, the DBW is one of those parts that does major improvements to the car.
Awesome! Let us know your review when finished.

How about discussions like this one in the lounge section?
You mat be right, but.... I posted here because I (for obvious reason) think this section gets the most traffic, and I just wanted any who don't know about Jeff's product and great customer service to hear it first hand.

I honestly don't know if I've ever been in the "lounge section" myself.
I guess I might have to check it out.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
You mat be right, but.... I posted here because I (for obvious reason) think this section gets the most traffic, and I just wanted any who don't know about Jeff's product and great customer service to hear it first hand.

I honestly don't know if I've ever been in the "lounge section" myself.
I guess I might have to check it out.
I always just click on the "New Posts" link at the top of the forum menus to see what's new since last time I checked. That way you don't ever need to even care about where the post was originally made....my .02

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
+1.

·
Registered
321 Posts
The 100% positive feedback about Jeff has convinced me that this is the way to go ahead.

I'm about to order the chip, DBW and Larini pipes without pre-cats, plus the BMC filter. That should extract maximum performance without any invasive modifications (anything else I forget?).

I am undecided about the springs / sway bars because I am worried that on the rough roads of Illinois (and I also like to take the car to the mountains of Colorado in the summer) the set-up would be way too stiff. I don't do enough track time to justify it yet.

If anyone in Illinois has made the setup mods I would be very grateful if we could arrange a "test ride" for me to really understand how stiff the car becomes. I have a 2-yr old and I don't want him to damage his spine on a car that's way too hard. I once drove a Sportec-tuned 996 Turbo and it was impossibly hard on normal roads. Even the dealer discouraged me from buying it if I was planning to use it for family trips. I don't want my GS to become so extreme.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I think Jeff's Formula is well known for all of us here, lounge section or any other doesn't matter but unless it's a mechanical topic I agree everything else should be where it belongs.
It might be easier to follow and maintain the site and also if you're looking for traffic get into your car and drive a busy highway instead of jamming this forum.
Also I totally agree that there are a few here that would post anything as an answer just to get attention, nothing helpful is being said to whoever started certain post and those who are doing such things they know who they are.
Let's try to help each other with to the point answers if we can and leave the look what I have, what I've purchased topics to other sections of this forum.
My opinion. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
744 Posts
The 100% positive feedback about Jeff has convinced me that this is the way to go ahead.

I'm about to order the chip, DBW and Larini pipes without pre-cats, plus the BMC filter. That should extract maximum performance without any invasive modifications (anything else I forget?).

I am undecided about the springs / sway bars because I am worried that on the rough roads of Illinois (and I also like to take the car to the mountains of Colorado in the summer) the set-up would be way too stiff. I don't do enough track time to justify it yet.

If anyone in Illinois has made the setup mods I would be very grateful if we could arrange a "test ride" for me to really understand how stiff the car becomes. I have a 2-yr old and I don't want him to damage his spine on a car that's way too hard. I once drove a Sportec-tuned 996 Turbo and it was impossibly hard on normal roads. Even the dealer discouraged me from buying it if I was planning to use it for family trips. I don't want my GS to become so extreme.
If you are going to get the engine mods and you intend to use them, then the springs are a necessity IMO. The car is dangerously soft for fast driving. The springs will cut down the roll (and the planing and diving when accelerating/ braking) drastically but not stiffen the ride much. I live in Calgary - our roads are pretty rough due to huge freeze thaw cycles and I found the springs very acceptable in terms of ride comfort. Adding the sway bars on top of the springs stiffens the ride a lot more and there is some choppiness on rough roads - if you don't track the car or drive very hard, I would forego these.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
you really must do the springs. I have both the springs and the DBW and would say that the springs make the largest driving performance change (based on the fact that you'll be doing more twisty stuff and appreciate it more) and they are not overly harsh by any means. If you watch a few tracked Maser videos on youTube, you will see the body roll in the corners. Don't get me wrong, you also must do the DBW for off the line performance, clutch longevity, and crisper shifts. The two go hand-in-hand IMHO for a devastatingly noticeable upgrade to your car.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Springs and more.

you really must do the springs. I have both the springs and the DBW and would say that the springs make the largest driving performance change (based on the fact that you'll be doing more twisty stuff and appreciate it more) and they are not overly harsh by any means. If you watch a few tracked Maser videos on youTube, you will see the body roll in the corners. Don't get me wrong, you also must do the DBW for off the line performance, clutch longevity, and crisper shifts. The two go hand-in-hand IMHO for a devastatingly noticeable upgrade to your car.
Totally agree with above.
I installed my springs summer of 07 (see my post about corner weighting) and would never return to original set-up. Since upgraded with ECM & DBW, air-filter, brake lines, spacers etc. and am happy to state; doing so, due to the excellent service and support by Jeff. Just can't wait to see what's new up his sleeves :D
maseratikai 2005 GS

·
Registered
321 Posts
Totally agree with above.
I installed my springs summer of 07 (see my post about corner weighting) and would never return to original set-up. Since upgraded with ECM & DBW, air-filter, brake lines, spacers etc. and am happy to state; doing so, due to the excellent service and support by Jeff. Just can't wait to see what's new up his sleeves :D
maseratikai 2005 GS
What labor costs (I live in the USA) should I expect to have the springs fitted?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
My opinion is a little bit different from most above. I've got Tubi, DBW, ECM, air filter and springs (lowered 1.5"). I don't track my GS, it's a DD. For people like me the DBW + air filter is enough. IMO.

-Springs did give my car a way stiffer ride. It does corner better and etc, but it's only worth the comfort/performance trade off if you track and/or drive fast often, otherwise the OEM GS suspension is good enough. I have to say the drive is pretty good when in Normal mode, but then you have to live with the slow shifts. I personally don't like it. I wish there was a way to adjust the suspension independently from the transmission. Jeff is working on it, and that will be another no-brainer buy like the DBW.

-Tubi is too loud for a DD. Don't know about the Larini, but I believe is the same. I love the sound of my Tubi, but it is too loud for everyday use. As I said before, my car went from a chick magnet to a dude magnet. I used to get compliments from girls all the time, now they don't like it, only get compliments from guys. Truth. By the way, I'm 39.

-ECM- I still haven't notice a big difference, if any at all. Had it bypassed for a few days and didn't notice any change...

-DBW- It should come from the factory with it. Can't live without it.

-BMC Air filter- combined with the Tubi does make the car rev easier. Pretty noticeable, and that's why I've kept my Tubi.

Again, it's just my opinion. Hope it helps.:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts