Maserati Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everyone using to lift the car for servicing at home? Extended car ramps of some sort or jack and stands? If jack, where are you lifting the car to use the jacking points as stand locations? I'd like to get under there and change the oil and clean under the car. Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Just had the back jacked up this past weekend actually. I used the standard lift point as the location for my jack stand to hold it up. I jacked the car up from where the rear sub-frame mounts to the cabin frame (if that's the right description of it). Haven't looked at the front yet though.

·
Registered
793 Posts
What is everyone using to lift the car for servicing at home? Extended car ramps of some sort or jack and stands? If jack, where are you lifting the car to use the jacking points as stand locations? I'd like to get under there and change the oil and clean under the car. Thanks!
I don't trust ramps.

I am installing a 4 post BendPak in my garage. I can store two cars in the same space and lift the one on which to be worked to a comfortable height for all services.

If a 4 poster won't do, BendPak makes a great single floor lift that can bring the car to about a 42" clear height.

Go to their website. Excellent quality and very reasonably priced.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw those ramps at Griots. I was wondering if they worked on our cars. Glad to hear they do. Rocketmaker, thanks, that sounds like a good jacking point for the rear. Anyone have a recommendation for the front jacking point?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts