Maserati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am 51 yrs old and have owned quite a few cars in my life some better than others... from.... 3 series.. 6 series... two 7 series BMW's...... Jag X series cpe.... Audi A8... Mercedes SL roadster convertible...etc...... but never anything exotic or Italian.......... All these fine cars were merely transportation........ some leased some not... almost disposable... I kept them clean but not immaculate...

Well here is the problem... last week I ordered Gran Turismo, Black with Beige interior AND I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT THIS CAR !!.... I think of places I will drive it... how I will detail it... what it will feel like to drive it..... on and on.... I did test drive the car but that was just a tease... I realize it is not a "pure sports car" but it suits my needs perfectly.... I guess I got the fever ? I have even "ready'ed the garage for the arrival"..... The rest of the problem is that delivery is 3 months away, thus I am experincing the longest Christmas Eve in history..................

Looking for ways to pass the time............... It is so bad that I suggested to my wife that we make a quick dash to Italy for a short one week vacation and a visit to the factory........... (we were intending to go in the next 18 months anyway)

Sick in NJ.................

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Welcome!!!

My wife calls my car my mistress! : - )

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
...and I have to sneak around my wife's back to spend time on this forum as I seem to spend way too much time wanting to learn as much as I can about my
'maseristris". You've just been bitten by the Italian flu bug.

FYI - there's no cure but to drive it.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I feel your pain. This will be among the slowest 3 months of your life. In a life where time seems to pass faster and faster, look at this as a gift of time. I think your plan for a trip is excellent. Spend some time with your wife.... she'll be seeing less of you when the mistress arrives ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
jchlao

I ordered my Grandsport back in Feb.05 and the car was delivered on June 05, it was like the longest 4 months I've experienced. I visited the factory with my wife at Modena on May 07 and also attended the RM Ferrari auction at the Ferrari Factory's Fiorano Track, the 1000 Miglia and also the Lamborghini factory which is about 30minutes drive from Modena! I trip worth a life time of fantastic memories!http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
:D

·
Registered
517 Posts
My wife calls my car my mistress! : - )
Being an Italian male, my wife understands mistresses are a given. The question is are they going to other women or cars?

Guess which one I picked?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts