Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks:

Let's assume it is the year 2011, time has been working on your Spyders, Coupes and GSes and you are ready to shop for a GranTurismo, second hand respectively, what would you be willing to pay?

Scenario:
Maserati has been reporting increased sales over the last years. Beginning with 2007 the Italian sports car manufacturer could steadily increase its profits due to successful sales of its QP and GT models. Especially the GranTurismo became the companies most sold products so far...

You find an ad as follows:

- GranTurismo'08 - first owner - millage: 40 000. - coming in best shape with all options like skyhook, Bose, 20' rims etc...

What would you be willing to put on the table???

·
Registered
211 Posts
I wouldn't pay more than 40-45K for a GT with 40k miles on it. But then again I probably wouldn't even pay that. Now if we're talking 10k miles, then I think for MY 2008 GT, I would pay about 60-65K.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I would be more apt to smash by balls with a hammer then have a GT
its not the same type of car, while striking externally the balance of the car fails to excite my senses like my coupe does too luxe not enough sport...I will more then likely still have my coupe if nothing else for it's sentimental value (it was my college graduation gift to myself) but will probably own another ferrari by then instead of a GT

·
Registered
695 Posts
year 2011 - four possibilities depending on depreciation:

F360CS or Spider
F430 Coupe
Maser GT Convertible
F149 (not yet official baby Ferrari) Convertible.

Or something totally different. '93-'94 512TR

·
Registered
478 Posts
On Moose's comment, I think the GT will retain a bit more relative value than the GS because of the wider growth in acceptance of Maserati cache to the wider market (starting to pick up now), and more demographic interest in a luxury GT. So I think that, while a good 3 year old GS with 10k is sold in the 65-75K range, a GT 3 years from now will command a bit more; my guess FWIT would be closer to 75-80K.

As current GS owner, I project that in 2011 I'm looking for a later MY 575 (because I love them) or an earlier MY 599 (because I might like them enough by then), not a GT. Either way, I need to be in 12 cylinders by 2011.

So what's the profile of a 2008 GT buyer in 2011?

·
Registered
196 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts