Maserati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
Drove home with my new a 06 Gransport couple of hours ago.
Its a 06 GS with about 6k miles on it. will post pictures as very soon.

So now i need some help on next to do items....
- Car Insurance: would appreciate if you can receommend some auto insurers
- What gas should i use?
- I was told that card had 6k service done, should i have any other additional service/inspectiosn done at this time...
- would appreciate any other tips/things to watch out for.

thanks...

·
Registered
695 Posts
Insurance is a pretty variable aspect...especially when you haven't provided any background.

However some general observations:

1) If you have a homeowner's policy, try to use the same Ins company for your car - usually there is a discount.
2) For me, customer service is a must. There are magazines that rate the top insurance companies on how they handle claims. I would try to pick one of the top five.
3) How is your car going to be used? Low annual mileage and high deductibles help keep the rates low.
4) Are you married? In my case, having the car's policy listed under my wife's name is a major factor due to my spectacular driving record.

·
Registered
237 Posts
you drove it home without insurance?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Car Insurance

Regarding the background, i am married and no history of accidents. Have my home insurance with Farmer's, but ihave a feeling that they are going to be very expensive.
Have to check Mercury insurance, was told that their rates are very good.

Work is about 12-15 miles, but not planning on driving everyday. It's a bumper to bumper traffic, i will be in 1st/2nd gears all the way.

maseratifan said:
you drove it home without insurance?
Currently i have insurance on other cars. The GS hasn't been added to the policy yet. I have MetLife currently, they quoted additional $1100 for six months.

·
Registered
55 Posts
DO not go with mercury. They don't insure the gransport. They put it in the category of the mc12. Their computer only reads maserati. They quoted me 10,000 per year. Plus I have two cars already insured with them. I went to progressive direct. Great quote. 2200 per year full coverage.

·
Registered
160 Posts
futrmgownr said:
Car Insurance: would appreciate if you can receommend some auto insurers
I use GEICO. Just go to their web site and get a free quote see if it's cheaper

futrmgownr said:
What gas should i use?
91+

futrmgownr said:
I was told that card had 6k service done,
Don't listen to the dealer, ask for proof for the 6K service (stamps on the service book / invoice), if not, insist that they redo it so you have a record.

futrmgownr said:
would appreciate any other tips/things to watch out for.
Read the past posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Don't have a Mazer yet but my 360 is insured through State Farm. Rates are good and service is good too. Many of the guys over on Fchat use State Farm or AAA. I would start with your Farmers.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pics - how can i make thumbnail?

I have the pictures, but they seem to be too big. How can i easily reduce them in size?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have had USAA insure 2 Ferrari's and my Maser plus and old Triumph Motorcycle.

No problems. If you are eligible, they are by far the best.

-dsd

·
Registered
160 Posts
dsd said:
I have had USAA insure 2 Ferrari's and my Maser plus and old Triumph Motorcycle.

No problems. If you are eligible, they are by far the best.
I am not :mad:

Is there any back door to become a member?

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
I can recommend State Farm as well. Decent rates, no BS.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I use GEICO. Just go to their web site and get a free quote see if it's cheaper

91+

Don't listen to the dealer, ask for proof for the 6K service (stamps on the service book / invoice), if not, insist that they redo it so you have a record.

Read the past posts
I just went to geico and progressive and neither one list the maserati online.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Maserati get your act together

I just went to geico and progressive and neither one list the maserati online.
Ooops, it was there last year when I bought my new GT. :confused:

OK listen, Maserati of North America (or whoever is in charge/if there is anyone) if you want to be competing with BMW/Merc/Porsche, start from here. I've noticed that neither are Ferrari/Aston Martin/Lamborghini listed on these web sites. Maserati not exotic, who would believe that!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Insurance - At Allstate

I pay $810 for six months for a 2005 Coupe CC with $2000 collision deductible.

I have 3 other cars on the policy and home insurance with same. Long term customer, great record, etc..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts