Maserati Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Alfa 164 ls, 07 Quattroporte exec. 07 Santa Fe.
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would take advantage of the reasonable weather.... for Ontario in winter... to add my paddle shifters. I followed Quadport69's instructions carefully. Thanks for those by the way.

I made sure everything was connected; made sure the airbag connections were there, the black connector in the wheel, the 2 connectors under the paddles and when I connect negative battery, the horn goes off and will not stop. car still starts but horn will continue. I have no idea what to check here. My only thought was that the horn/airbag module may not have been grounded as the 2 pins holding the assembly within the wheel were not fully pushed on (getting it ouit took over an hour).

Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spring assembly, are we talking about the clock spring or the return springs on either side that surround the locking pins? I was careful not to disturb the clock spring assembly. Sorry if the question sounds obtuse and thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I caught my error after I had typed... remembered that horn works like a momentary switch, like a bike starter button so would have to be something shorting in there . Mind you, cold as heck today so maybe next week.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Culprit found. There is a connector under the airbag module, top-right, held in place with sticky wad stuff. When pulling that up to release the connector, it must have snagged the upper-right horn positive track and this was puller firmly up against the bottom of the negative plate. FYI, there are 4 contact points for the horn: top & bottom right, top and bottom left. Paddles are in but no test driving until spring as I park the car insurance for the winter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts