Maserati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sat in my GS to drive after a two-week hiatus, and found that the battery was a little too flat to spin the starter (just the dreaded rapid clicking of the starter solenoid).

Now I understand the need for that so-handy battery cutoff switch in the trunk.

Is two weeks more or less typical to run a battery down in one of these buggers? Every other car I've had experience with could go at least a month between drives, so I was surprised.

·
Registered
773 Posts
flat line?

two weeks sounds too quick. i developed a short behind the drivers seat, by stuffing various things there. took about three months for the mess to be tracked down, just slowly got worse.

·
Registered
835 Posts
bundas said:
...by stuffing various things there. took about three months for the mess to be tracked down, just slowly got worse.
you did what?

·
Registered
773 Posts
short in wiring

must have removed cover on wiring, causing drain on battery. cost 4 hours in shop to track down. just like leather that is wearing thin, not much wear factor available.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Hummm... I had couple of times the car 2 weeks without any use, and battery seemed OK. The manual (speaking from the top of my head) says somewhere that if you go more than 4 weeks away you should turn the battery off, using the trunk switch.

Seems the dash clock needs nuclear power to keep running... :D

·
Registered
530 Posts
The electrical system in general just doesn't seem to be up to the job. You may notice you get a Low Bat warning on the info console when you have the radio, lights and AC working at the same time.

I've noticed that the alarm/immobilizer seems to drain the battery quicker. With the alarm turned on, two weeks seems to be the limit. With it turned off 3.5 - 4 weeks, although I have to say it's the rare weekend that passes without my taking a drive.

·
Registered
824 Posts
remember to lower the windows slightly before disconnecting the battery, otherwise you will have trouble opening the doors (no power for glass lower feature)

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Troesma said:
Hummm... Seems the dash clock needs nuclear power to keep running... :D
I thought it was the Tubi that ran the battery down!

·
Registered
246 Posts
My dealer suggested it might be the red brake calipers....

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dolle Dolf said:
It was from the car rolling its headlights up to the ceiling from ennui from not being driven for two whole weeks.
I was in Canada, driving beaters down narrow, broken roads at speed. It's a hobby ;)

·
Registered
530 Posts
so not only did you leave her sitting at home alone for two weeks you were off carousing with a bunch of cheap floozies... :rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts