Maserati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Maserati GTS
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Congrats! so special! Enjoy every second and don’t take it for granted! Remember It needs a x-pipe delete. Don’t baby it too much! Enjoy it!!! Foot to the floor keeps the injectors clean hehehe just stay up to date with fluids, oil, brakes!
don’t sweat the parking sensors beeping incessantly!!!
X-pipe delete? What does this do? Does it make it louder?

·
Registered
2018 Maserati Granturismo Sport Convertible
1,481 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't call it sweet. It certainly makes it sound louder and more aggressive. Personally, I like the more refined and melodic sound of my stock exhaust. It's loud enough for my tastes.

·
Registered
392 Posts
i have driven with some nice cars like a ferrari 488, ferrari f430, audi r8, lambo hurcan, skyline GTR modified to 1200hp, just to name a few and all of them said my Maserati sounds amazing

so no harm in investing $400 for a Urutu Xpipe and enjoy ownership of this vehicle

·
Registered
267 Posts
Beautiful car! Hope you’re able to enjoy it lots and don’t be afraid to drive it like you mean it!! The GT has gotta be one of the best sounding cars out there!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Agree with both 2015gts and psb1013
1) stock for many is perfect! Mine stayed stock x 2 years. After that, hearing many describe it as more aggressive I was intrigued. Waited until one was on sale (preowned on this forum), purchased, and installed. In the crisp humidity free 50*F days it’s sound even better, the back burble is titillating. At full throttle it is loud! Doesn’t scream like a flat plane Ferrari but also not obnoxious like a Mustang GT.
2) consider installing it after a few years, enjoy the stock sound a bit. Don’t rush with mods, live in the moment. These are just some small things to do over time for the car to match your personality. DM sent

·
Registered
300 Posts
The stock sound is amazing, but the xpipe doesn't make it any less refined. I'd say it amplifies the stock sound if anything.

Don't regret mine at all. It's an affordable, easy mod. If you don't like it, remove it just as easy and sell it. It's a low risk mod. Imagine the owners who wide-body their car. Can't really reverse that expensive modification.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
2012 Gran Turismo Convertible
32 Posts
So 2 months ago, I sent a deposit for a 2014 GT with 15K miles in Nero and Rosso interior. The California DMV mistakenly put a zero on the end of the mileage on the title so it read 150,000...long story short still not fixed and have no idea when it will be. Fast forward to yesterday my local Maserati dealer got in this 2014 with just shy of 9500 miles and it is perfect! I like Bianco with Rosso interior so much and the neptunes are my favorite wheels. My wife drove it home and I followed in my 535...needless to say she gave it the beans on the highway and left my ass in the dust! I can't explain what warm feeling this gives my loins and shivers down my spine (but if you have one you know exactly!). This is our first car of this caliber and I feel truly blessed/honored it's mine. I couldn't sleep last night!!! Took some time to save the cash and it was a little more than we were looking to spend but I feel it is the right car. I guess things happen for a reason! Happy to FINALLY be an official member/contributor of Maserati Life.

View attachment 133881
Excellent!

·
Registered
28 Posts
So 2 months ago, I sent a deposit for a 2014 GT with 15K miles in Nero and Rosso interior. The California DMV mistakenly put a zero on the end of the mileage on the title so it read 150,000...long story short still not fixed and have no idea when it will be. Fast forward to yesterday my local Maserati dealer got in this 2014 with just shy of 9500 miles and it is perfect! I like Bianco with Rosso interior so much and the neptunes are my favorite wheels. My wife drove it home and I followed in my 535...needless to say she gave it the beans on the highway and left my ass in the dust! I can't explain what warm feeling this gives my loins and shivers down my spine (but if you have one you know exactly!). This is our first car of this caliber and I feel truly blessed/honored it's mine. I couldn't sleep last night!!! Took some time to save the cash and it was a little more than we were looking to spend but I feel it is the right car. I guess things happen for a reason! Happy to FINALLY be an official member/contributor of Maserati Life.

View attachment 133881
Congratulations

·
Registered
2014 GT MC / 2018 Ghibli SQ4 Gransport
133 Posts
Belated congrats! Wish I got a Maserati face mask with my purchase lol, that's a cool bonus!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Congrats, a decision you will not regret. Great color combo, but I'm biased. I hope you drive it more than the last two owners.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts

View attachment 133881
So welcome as well. You will really love this car. I have a 2013 black on black and I took it tp the track and ran it against my Corvette ZO6 and certainly it can't hang on the straights...but in the turns this heavy beast out handles my Vette! I wasn't disappointed it now tell all of my Vette buddies that story and they get that bitter beer face going. You are going to love you time in it. It never gets old. They get lots of admirers as well. Stay dafe and happy motoring!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Takes me back to 2 years ago and joining a mini Bull Run! The GT (w/ both kids and the dog) kept pace with 5-6 Aventadors and Huracans. Kept the RPM high and they never really pulled away. Advantage us, the family had a blast and the Lamborghini factory driver had a sh*t eating grin “way to go man! We couldn’t shake you!”
enjoy it man!

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
2,584 Posts
Takes me back to 2 years ago and joining a mini Bull Run! The GT (w/ both kids and the dog) kept pace with 5-6 Aventadors and Huracans. Kept the RPM high and they never really pulled away. Advantage us, the family had a blast and the Lamborghini factory driver had a sh*t eating grin “way to go man! We couldn’t shake you!”
That’s ...surprising. Are you sure they were really trying ? “On paper“ , either an Aventador or a Huracan, should be able to run circles around our GTs.

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Faster or not, a Granturismo makes a lot of fun on track. We are talking about a very well balanced car with enough power under the hood. And on this earth so many things are very relative: with a Granturismo a good driver can put a lot of pressure on a faster car with a not so experienced driver.

Enjoy your Granturismo; such a car will never be built again.

MGT_track 01.jpg
MGT_track 02.jpg

·
Premium Member
2013 GTS Coupe
2,584 Posts
Completely agree that for a car weighing as much as the GT does, it handles very well .. you won’t easily find 4,200 lbs cars capable of 1.09 g lateral accel. and yes, it has just enough power to make it fun and relatively competitive . Having tracked cars for more than a decade I particularly agree with the “better driver” factor which makes a huge difference. Especially on a challenging course with lots of turns and/or hilly segments ( like Laguna Seca )
But if I read the previous post correctly, we‘re talking about a Lamborghini factory driver at the wheel of either an Aventador or a Huracan, so I presume that person would be a highly capable driver, “racing“ a GT with some extra weight ( two kids in it )...I’m sorry, but looking at the performance stats comparison of those Lamborghinis vs. the GT, I have to believe that “we couldn’t shake you“ remark was said with some tongue in cheek and was a nice compliment for the GT and its driver, but again ..a factory driver at the wheel of a supercar that should be able to tow a trailer behind it and still annihilate a GT in both straight runs and turns, would have had to be handicapped by countless variables .. just IMO.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts