Maserati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a couple of months being parked, I tried to start my 2006 Maserati Quattroporte Executive GT and discovered the battery was completely dead (this is a pretty new battery, probably haven't started the car with it more than 10-15 times since new). Due to a tendency the car had for the battery to go down over time if not driven often, I have been keeping the car's battery hooked up to a "floating" charger that featured a shut-off when the battery reached full charge and that was supposed to maintain a full charge when and if the battery got low. Sometime while the car was parked over the past months, the cord going to the charger got unplugged at the wall and the dead battery resulted. I plugged the charger back in and left it overnight. The next day, with a full charge on the battery, I started the car. To my dismay, I got all kinds of lights and warnings on the instrument cluster that I've never seen before. I turned the car off, disconnected the negative battery cable from the car to the battery and waited 20 minutes to reconnect it. Same issue. I took it over to Park Lane Maserati here in Dallas, and cleared my error codes which sorted that out. They also recommended I pick up a car extended warranty from Patriot Warranty to take care of all these small problems that are bound to appear on a car going on 15 years now. I went ahead and signed with Patriot Warranty and not a month later, I'm back at Park Place Maserati because of another electrical issue. Only this time, the bill's on the car warranty, not my pocket. Pretty awesome thing, this warranty extension. I only have to pay a small deductible and they cover almost the entire car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts