Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Maserati GranTurismo Sport
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone! Let me have the pleasure of introducing you to Isabella, my new (to me) 2014 GranTurismo Sport, decked out in Nero Carbonio metallic and Rosso Bordeaux.

Still waiting on the title to register her, but right now, I'm focused on fixing the sticky button problem she's developed. :\

Planning on keeping her stock for the most part, save for fixing the sticky buttons and replacing the old stock infotainment system with something a bit more modern. She also needs polished to remove the swirlies, and her driver's side sun visor needs fixed (doesn't remain snug against the roof when put away).

Overall, I'm delighted. I paid a bit more than I wanted to, but I also knew that this color combination is quite rare to come onto the market, and this is my preferred color combo, so I was willing to eat a bit more of a premium for it.

Here's hoping I'll get to take her for a spin real soon. :D

·
Registered
2016 GranTurismo Sport Rosso Mondiale
1,080 Posts
Very nice.....keep posting updates!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Congrats!! Beautiful interior. I also have the Rosso leather and everyone compliments me on it. Very classy stuff. Enjoy the car! Lots of helpful members and tips on here.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats!! Beautiful interior. I also have the Rosso leather and everyone compliments me on it. Very classy stuff. Enjoy the car! Lots of helpful members and tips on here.
I liked the Rosso Corallo color too, but it was a bit too intense for me to imagine living with day to day. I preferred the Bordeaux because it was the red interior I wanted without that same neon intensity. (Though, admittedly, maybe I'm just getting old.... XD)

I'm in the process of finding a way to remove the sticky buttons and replace the infotainment system. The sun visor on the driver's side needs fixed too. Any ideas on where to start?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Congrats on your new baby! She’s a beauty. That colour combo is beautiful.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
370 Posts
I liked the Rosso Corallo color too, but it was a bit too intense for me to imagine living with day to day. I preferred the Bordeaux because it was the red interior I wanted without that same neon intensity. (Though, admittedly, maybe I'm just getting old.... XD)

I'm in the process of finding a way to remove the sticky buttons and replace the infotainment system. The sun visor on the driver's side needs fixed too. Any ideas on where to start?
Yeah the bordeaux is much easier on my eyes as well. I'm not a fan of the rosso corallo as I find it's too bright for my taste.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Hello, everyone! Let me have the pleasure of introducing you to Isabella, my new (to me) 2014 GranTurismo Sport, decked out in Nero Carbonio metallic and Rosso Bordeaux.

View attachment 131996

Still waiting on the title to register her, but right now, I'm focused on fixing the sticky button problem she's developed. :\

View attachment 131997

Planning on keeping her stock for the most part, save for fixing the sticky buttons and replacing the old stock infotainment system with something a bit more modern. She also needs polished to remove the swirlies, and her driver's side sun visor needs fixed (doesn't remain snug against the roof when put away).

View attachment 131998

Overall, I'm delighted. I paid a bit more than I wanted to, but I also knew that this color combination is quite rare to come onto the market, and this is my preferred color combo, so I was willing to eat a bit more of a premium for it.

Here's hoping I'll get to take her for a spin real soon. :D
Service Bulletin fix for the sun visor
https://ricambiamerica.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/mtb-119.pdf

or you could try this QUICK FIX

Beautiful car...welcome aboard 👍

·
Registered
339 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on the new GT. I like the contrasting color interior.
I probably paid a little more when I bought mine as well, but it had all of the customizations I wanted (wheels, brakes, carbon fiber spoiler etc.). You'll be glad you got exactly the color combo you were looking for instead of regretting settling for a more common one.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Service Bulletin fix for the sun visor
https://ricambiamerica.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/mtb-119.pdf

or you could try this QUICK FIX

Beautiful car...welcome aboard 👍
Thanks for the bulletin! Not sure if it applies to my situation, but I'll take a look at it. It looks like someone unsewed the visor along where the arm connects and did a real bang-up job patching it up. My guess? Whoever broke it originally thought they could fix it and did a real half-assed attempt.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Pretty interior.

·
Registered
370 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey now. Isabella is my car's name.

Nero Carbonio with the precious bone parchment interior.
Well, Elizabeth was already taken by my daily. I was originally gonna go with Isabelle, but Isabella was more appropriate for her Italian heritage. :LOL:

·
Registered
2014 GT S Rosso Trionfale
201 Posts
Thanks for the bulletin! Not sure if it applies to my situation, but I'll take a look at it. It looks like someone unsewed the visor along where the arm connects and did a real bang-up job patching it up. My guess? Whoever broke it originally thought they could fix it and did a real half-assed attempt.
Sorry to say but I don’t think anyone broke it I have a 2014 and I have the exact same problem with my sunvisor on the driver side I’ve seen a few other ones on lots all have the same droopy visor never stays all the way up on the driver side at this point becomes normal failure

·
Registered
2014 GT S Rosso Trionfale
201 Posts
Great looking car I’m glad you went with the red I was not that brave I love the red but I was not that brave to get red my bud jetspeed has the red and looks great as far as the sticky buttons there’s a guy on YouTube from France that use this product and got it off two years ago and it still looks great I’ll research it and I sent you a PM on it

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sorry to say but I don’t think anyone broke it I have a 2014 and I have the exact same problem with my sunvisor on the driver side I’ve seen a few other ones on lots all have the same droopy visor never stays all the way up on the driver side at this point becomes normal failure
Thanks for everything, good sir! I'll keep my eyes open for your message. :)

Reactions: billgt1
1 - 20 of 28 Posts