Maserati Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
timado404 - trying to replicate your advice.....got the License plate lights from Hoen USA...at least I think I ordered the right ones.....now going for the back up lights....here is what I find on Amazon... Amazon.com: Yorkim 921 LED Bulb 912 Backup Light Bulbs High Power 2835 21-SMD Chipsets Extremely Bright Error Free T15 906 904 902 W16W 921 912 Reverse Lights, 6000K White, Pack of 2: Automotive BUT Amazon says at the top of the screen "Won't fit you 2016 Maserati Gran Turismo" - She {Amazon} knows me well.... Am I selecting the correct reverse light?
Yes these should be fine as they are a T15 style bulb like mine...except these have 6 more LED's per bulb than mine (y)
Heck, I might upgrade, lol

Reactions: tasnam

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
timado404 - trying to replicate your advice.....got the License plate lights from Hoen USA...at least I think I ordered the right ones.....now going for the back up lights....here is what I find on Amazon... Amazon.com: Yorkim 921 LED Bulb 912 Backup Light Bulbs High Power 2835 21-SMD Chipsets Extremely Bright Error Free T15 906 904 902 W16W 921 912 Reverse Lights, 6000K White, Pack of 2: Automotive BUT Amazon says at the top of the screen "Won't fit you 2016 Maserati Gran Turismo" - She {Amazon} knows me well.... Am I selecting the correct reverse light?
Yes, this will be fine as it is a T10 style bulb.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Man, those 36mm one's have 12 light diodes...mine only 1 diode FYI
1 diode.jpg

·
Registered
350 Posts
Sorry for chiming in: I'm owner of GT sister car - Maserati Quattroporte M139 - and saw your post and replies which are very correct. I did Formula Dynamics upgrades to my car as well, which are the following:
  • Drive-By-Wire
  • High Power ECM Performance Chip
  • High Performance Air Filter
  • Performance Anti Sway Bar Kit
  • Big Brembo Brake Kits (8 piston front, 4 piston rear and slotted rotors)
  • Full Larini kit: sport cats, center H pipe (as I wanted more "noble" sound), connecting pipes and valved exhausts with valves controller. My valve controller is a bit different from standard FD one, as it provides two open/close valves modes: automatic (when RPM crosses 3000, valves are opened/closed) and via remote.
They drastically changed the car, made it more attractive and unique. Those updates are also designed in the way that they're unnoticeable. I value Formula Dynamics a lot - for professional products and superb customer service. It is highly recommended to get them installed by professional mechanic.
Sorry again for chiming in :)

·
Registered
2016 GranTurismo Sport Rosso Mondiale
914 Posts
Sorry for chiming in: I'm owner of GT sister car - Maserati Quattroporte M139 - and saw your post and replies which are very correct. I did Formula Dynamics upgrades to my car as well, which are the following:
  • Drive-By-Wire
  • High Power ECM Performance Chip
  • High Performance Air Filter
  • Performance Anti Sway Bar Kit
  • Big Brembo Brake Kits (8 piston front, 4 piston rear and slotted rotors)
  • Full Larini kit: sport cats, center H pipe (as I wanted more "noble" sound), connecting pipes and valved exhausts with valves controller. My valve controller is a bit different from standard FD one, as it provides two open/close valves modes: automatic (when RPM crosses 3000, valves are opened/closed) and via remote.
They drastically changed the car, made it more attractive and unique. Those updates are also designed in the way that they're unnoticeable. I value Formula Dynamics a lot - for professional products and superb customer service. It is highly recommended to get them installed by professional mechanic.
Sorry again for chiming in :)

NO THANK YOU for you input - helpful...might jump on some of these upgrades

·
Registered
2010 GT-S
128 Posts
I bought these and they work beautifully. And Amazon said they wouldn't fit either. There are tons of similar bulbs on Amazon. As long as they are T10 base you are fine. 6000K is nice white light. You'll need 3 for the dome light.

AUXITO 194 LED Bulbs 168 175 2825 W5W T10 24-SMD 3014 Chipsets 6000K White for Car Dome Map Door Courtesy License Plate Lights Pack of 2

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well i have added a few things, but first let me say there is not much in way of performance mods for the car. and also i don't think there is much to change, to me the car is perfect. i think if a person wants more power they should buy a faster more powerful car instead of putting more money and time in to it, but I'm that guy that buys or spend the money one time, meaning get what you want the first time out and be done with it. with that said this car is perfect the way it is. except for the infotainment which i did change. so the changes. LED lights inside and in trunk, hologram lights in doors, skid plates in front very needed, gen 2 radio, red stuff EBC brakes for noise and dust reduction, BMC filter intake air filter, and beyond that the regular maintenance stuff. i also changed the tiers to Bridge stones much better ride and so far better wear. with that said i'm on the look out for my fast car aventador. this is just me and all are welcome to do as they want cheers.
Skid plates? Che cos'è?

·
Registered
2010 GT-S
128 Posts
Skid plates are protective coverings for the underside of your front bumper to protect it from damage/scrapes when pulling in or out of driveways or going over speed bumps. Not critical but a bit of protection is nice.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I always felt like these things just got you closer to whatever it is you're trying to 'clear' in the first place... lol

·
Registered
161 Posts
Haha, yeah that would have to to true, but I'd still rather scratch up the cheap, easily replaceable skidplate than the $2K+ bumper. Right?

Reactions: billgt1
21 - 35 of 35 Posts