Maserati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Maserati GranTurismo Sport
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Originally, I was planning to keep her as stock as possible, save for the horribly-outdated infotainment system. That said, even though I knew I shouldn't, I went to Formula Dynamics's website to poke around. For my S60, I hadn't bothered with any real performance upgrades, save for a K&N performance air filter, an Elevate set of lowering springs, and a thicker sway bar. I have to admit, though, those little changes combined to make a notable difference in the character of my car.

Anybody bothered with some upgrades for their GT? If so, which ones, and did you notice much of a change? Which ones do you recommend, if any? I was considering the aforementioned springs and sway bars, as well as the stainless steel brake lines. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
BMC filter, Larini Sport Cats, DBW, 22mm wheel spacers 295 and 255 tires. Since this is a Grand tourer car and not a track car sway bars not gonna do much. Lowering will make it ride rougher than stock springs in sport mode. Unless you like rough ride and going for a certain look. The 22mm and wider tires with the stock height look really good imo. No way I can lower my car with the hills in my area.. Be scraping all the time. No interest in Stainless steel brake lines. No gain for me... I added lots of carbon fiber and inhaced the look. Now that's my opinion and what I did. Everyone should make their car their own.

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 GT S Rosso Trionfale
155 Posts
Well i have added a few things, but first let me say there is not much in way of performance mods for the car. and also i don't think there is much to change, to me the car is perfect. i think if a person wants more power they should buy a faster more powerful car instead of putting more money and time in to it, but I'm that guy that buys or spend the money one time, meaning get what you want the first time out and be done with it. with that said this car is perfect the way it is. except for the infotainment which i did change. so the changes. LED lights inside and in trunk, hologram lights in doors, skid plates in front very needed, gen 2 radio, red stuff EBC brakes for noise and dust reduction, BMC filter intake air filter, and beyond that the regular maintenance stuff. i also changed the tiers to Bridge stones much better ride and so far better wear. with that said i'm on the look out for my fast car aventador. this is just me and all are welcome to do as they want cheers.

·
Registered
2010 GT-S
126 Posts
2010 GTS here: FD DBW, wheel spacers, and springs really improve the car's look and feel. LED lights inside and out. I'd love to hear more about which Bridgestones @billgt1 has on and where I can pick up a front skid plate. Also @Robin Elliott that new infotainment system looks great. Where and how much?

·
Registered
2010 GT-S
126 Posts
And the EBC Red Stuff pads make a huge difference dust-wise. I hate dirty wheels.

·
Registered
155 Posts
2010 GTS here: FD DBW, wheel spacers, and springs really improve the car's look and feel. LED lights inside and out. I'd love to hear more about which Bridgestones @billgt1 has on and where I can pick up a front skid plate. Also @Robin Elliott that new infotainment system looks great. Where and how much?
And the EBC Red Stuff pads make a huge difference dust-wise. I hate dirty wheels. Pictures of tire pictures of what the tire looks like on the wheel better visual and it works really well even at 140 had no problems

·
Registered
155 Posts
Sorry you wanted to know where to get the tires Amazon my friend... skid plates eBay put in Maserati Gran Turismo... seller is automodfl part number 2622 8221 7713 Very easy to install comes with all the hardware piece of cake let me know if you need anything else

·
Registered
2010 GT-S
126 Posts
Thanks @billgt1 for the pics and I see the skid plate now on eBay. Looks sweet. I've got a 2010 and so will check fitment before I order.

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
Shoot me an email and I can give you the info, will be doing a 2nd group buy starting July 1st. [email protected]

·
Registered
176 Posts
Where did you get the LED upgrades?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 Maserati GranTurismo Sport
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Shoot me an email and I can give you the info, will be doing a 2nd group buy starting July 1st. [email protected]
Hey, Robin, what's the window to be part of the group buy? I'd like to do it, but I'm coming up a bit short for the time being. I just made my first payment and I'm still waiting to register Isabella, so I haven't quite gotten to pay the taxes and fees yet. I'd rather wait until after I have all the major obligations behind me to jump in.

When do you plan to make the order?

·
Registered
2010 GT-S
126 Posts

As others have posted on this site, all of the bulbs can be easily replaced with relatively inexpensive LED bulbs available on Amazon. Big improvement for a small price.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts

Go here for license plate lights that are much brighter than stock, error free!
www.hoen-usa.com
Search Amazon for these interior/reverse light LED's, about $8 to $10 per box.

license plate bulbs.jpg
License plate white lights.png
LED's.png
stock interior lights.png
LED dome and backseat.png

·
Registered
2016 GranTurismo Sport Rosso Mondiale
895 Posts
Go here for license plate lights that are much brighter than stock, error free!
www.hoen-usa.com
Search Amazon for these interior/reverse light LED's, about $8 to $10 per box.

View attachment 132169 View attachment 132170 View attachment 132171 View attachment 132172 View attachment 132173

timado404 - trying to replicate your advice.....got the License plate lights from Hoen USA...at least I think I ordered the right ones.....now going for the back up lights....here is what I find on Amazon... https://www.amazon.com/Yorkim-Backup-Chipsets-Extremely-Reverse/dp/B07SZN7LZ8/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=Yorkim+t15+LED+bulb+white&qid=1593574191&s=automotive&sr=1-2 BUT Amazon says at the top of the screen "Won't fit you 2016 Maserati Gran Turismo" - She {Amazon} knows me well.... Am I selecting the correct reverse light?

·
Registered
2016 GranTurismo Sport Rosso Mondiale
895 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts