Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been actively looking for a 07 QP and seems every car I ask about, the seller says, "the dealer drove this vehicle" or "the friend of the owner traded it in." I assume that is the standard line. If anyone has successfully purchased from a good dealer, I sure would appreciate the recommendation. Has anyone worked with Ecarlink by the way?

On a related note, I am seeing a lot of 07 and 08's with the same mileage. To me it seems like a no brainer to go with the 07 and save the extra 10K or so since the cars are practically the same. Does anyone disagree or have a comment.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
...On a related note, I am seeing a lot of 07 and 08's with the same mileage. To me it seems like a no brainer to go with the 07 and save the extra 10K or so since the cars are practically the same. Does anyone disagree or have a comment.
Just a comment, the 07 will also be worth less than the 08 when you sell it. but at least you would have less money tied up in the 07 while you owned it.

·
Registered
681 Posts
It depends on the rest of their inventory.

Often times when you see a Maserati QP at a dealership that mainly has $10-25k cars, the line is typically true, it was the owners car. At auctions a large majority of Ferrari/Maserati/Lambo/etc are bought by dealers who use these cars for personal use.

Now if they are claiming the car is the owners car and they specialize in highline cars, they are probably full of crap.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Foreign Cars Italia

I have had a most excellent experience dealing with these guys who have locations in Greensboro, NC and Charlotte, NC. I bought an '04 CC Coupe in Nov last year and the treatment was so good you'd have thought I bought the most expensive car on the lot. FCI is all about standing 100% behind what they sell. Very refreshing.

My sales guy is Bill Johel out of the Greensboro location. No slick sales lines, no pressure, just good solid information and impressive follow up after the sale.

http://www.foreigncarsitalia.com/

Good luck,

S-

"If anyone has successfully purchased from a good dealer, I sure would appreciate the recommendation."

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
On a related note, I am seeing a lot of 07 and 08's with the same mileage. To me it seems like a no brainer to go with the 07 and save the extra 10K or so since the cars are practically the same. Does anyone disagree or have a comment.
With the 07 you'll also have less warranty left.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts