Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
No. (I have to type something in the parantheses because there is a 10 character minimum but by now I've hit it for sure. I had a good Thanksgiving also.)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Re: the real spy shots

Just my un-schooled observations:

1. The "top roof" that ends abruptly above the rear window would seem to correspond to the huge "bubble back" we've seen on the disguised coupe in so many spy photos.

2. The trunk looks like one that would open both ways - meaning it opens to accomodate luggage, and it would open in the opposite direction to accomodate a retractable hard top. Or am I just trying too hard?

3. Granted this is a prototype and a test vehicle, but one can see into the cockpit of the car from inside the trunk - leading me to further belive that the "second roof" of this car folds into the trunk. And why else the huge bubble back but to disguise the otherwise "notch-back" rear window?

4. Does anybody remember how the exhaust exits the rear bumper on the other spy shots? Perhaps I've got this all wrong and it IS the Alfa coupe...?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Crotty said:
Just my un-schooled observations:

2. The trunk looks like one that would open both ways - meaning it opens to accomodate luggage, and it would open in the opposite direction to accomodate a retractable hard top. Or am I just trying too hard?
I agree with you completely. It definitely looks like it has a retractable hard top. The trunk opening appears to suggest that. These pictures were a great find. It will be interesting to find out if it is in fact the new Maserati.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts