Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car will start without pushing the brake before turning the key. In fact it will start without setting the hand brake and having the door opened. Is it back to the dealer time?:

·
Registered
22 Posts
My car will start without pushing the brake before turning the key. In fact it will start without setting the hand brake and having the door opened. Is it back to the dealer time?:
Yes it is normal ... it sounds you are coming from a Ferrari, M or AMG background :)

·
Registered
284 Posts
You did not say what kind of car, or transmission, but not normal for the F1 tranny cars. They should only start in neutral, or with foot on the brake.

Eric

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My car is a 2004 Maserati Coupe with the F1

Gee, I just got the car back from the dealer on Friday. (New clutch and F1 pump.) Back it goes. If this keeps up the next thing to go is the car. I don't care how nice it looks or how nice it sounds, If you can't depend on it What good is it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Question is it either the car in "N" or the brake pedal pressed?

My car is in Neutral when I started it. Does that mean if your in Neutral you don't need to press the brake?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My car backround is...

34 years of driving ( 50 now ) Past cars range from Shelby to Mercedes, Throw in 5 Corvette's and a few Porsche 996's Had the crazy idea to sell the Vette ( Z0-6 ) and buy my 1st Maserati. Not too sure if this was a good idea.

·
Registered
284 Posts
My car is in Neutral when I started it. Does that mean if your in Neutral you don't need to press the brake?
If car is in N it will start without your foot on the brake, but not if it is in gear.

Stick with it, once sorted out, these really are great cars. I have had 2 Covettes, 2 Porsches, a Viper, a BMW, a Ferrari, and a few other cars not worth mentioning, but this is my favorite.

Eric

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That Viper must go like a rocket !

Your correct after I get some miles under my belt I'll feel a lot better about this purchase. Next time I'll read the Owners manual ( All 200 pages) before I think I have a problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts