Maserati Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone knows if this is an official graphic that came with the car or if its custom made?

I've seen custom graphics, like the typical "fast lines" that go from the front to the back of the car, but never seen the big trident sign on the sides before.

Could this be a special edition car?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How about the chrome trident signs that are just behind the small back windows?

Some have them and others don't, the Maserati site doesn't mention them in the "extras".

·
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes they do, they are a must have.

On a side note, i also like the big trident on the side on the pearly-white GS above. Not something i would put on every Maserati, but it does look good on that one.

How hard is it to make such a sticker/graphic?

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
They can be purchased at a Maserati dealer as an add-on. They look good IMHO.
I wouldn't add it to your car, it's a PIA to remove wax from it. Mine always have something stuck to it.

And regarding the huge sticker... you gotta be kidding me if you're considering putting that on your car! That would be "ok" on a Honda or another Japanese car, but not on any exotic. IMO.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Yes they do, they are a must have.

On a side note, i also like the big trident on the side on the pearly-white GS above. Not something i would put on every Maserati, but it does look good on that one.

How hard is it to make such a sticker/graphic?
if it were racing graphics, or dealer's car (?) etc etc then it is fine.

but such a HUGE logo, on a personal car, especially on a maserati, is nothing but ridiculous.

·
5,887 Posts
I wouldn't add it to your car, it's a PIA to remove wax from it. Mine always have something stuck to it.
I have the tridents on my car. They look great and I haven't had any trouble with wax or anything else (yet). So far, my detail guy hasn't complained about them.

[/QUOTE]And regarding the huge sticker... you gotta be kidding me if you're considering putting that on your car! That would be "ok" on a Honda or another Japanese car, but not on any exotic. IMO.[/QUOTE]

+1 looks pretty silly

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
true, its kinda big and would be suitable for a dealers car or show car. Still, i think it looks good on that car.

wouldn't put that on a black or blue, it would stick out too much and make the car look cheap.

·
Registered
77 Posts
wax removal

And regarding the huge sticker... you gotta be kidding me if you're considering putting that on your car! That would be "ok" on a Honda or another Japanese car, but not on any exotic. IMO.
TRY A SOFT DRY TOOTHBRUSH TO REMOVE WAX FROM CREVISES:D...works wonders!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Make sure it is a VERY SOFT toothbrush......

or else it will leave fine scratch marks around the area cleaned which are a bear to get off. The softer the toothbrush the better! Good luck, Niteroi.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Don't worry, I'm a dentist!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Sorry, Doc..........

I didn't know you were a Dentist. I guess it would be unnecessary for me to remind you, when you use the toothbrush for cleaning purposes, to brush up and down and not sideways!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
kinda reminds me of the picture that someone posted of a beat-up 70's datsun with maserati painted on it. also saw a volkswagen touareg that had maserati emblems plastered on it and had a logoon the inside that said "executive turismo". someone should dig that picture up. a classic.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Decal

Not my cup of tea I'm afraid. May look Ok on a fully decaled car for the gumball but as is seems that he is trying too hard.

The more you know - the less you wanna show.

The rear emblems on the c post are obtained from dealer at @ £6 ea. Dont buy from the bay at £35 per pair! These look classy IMHO.

Watch this space.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts