Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie in the market and I am trying to figure out what is a good price for the following coupe being offered by an authorized dealer in my area. I assume there is some room to negotiate but I have no idea where to start or what movement to expect. I can't seem to find any invoice info about coupe's on the typical sites (Edmunds, etc.). The best I have been able to do is compare this to other coupes on the market -- hence my plea for advice from you more seasoned owners.

Here are the particulars:

05 Cambio Coupe
3925 miles
Skyhook
Navigation
Xenon lights
Briarwood kit
leather headliner
Upgraded sound system
sport rims (Grigio Mercury rims)
Warranty through 10/09

Dealer asking $78,500? What do you think? What would be a good counter? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
29 Posts
In 1/06 I bought a similar '05 Coupe CC with the upgraded 19" wheels and the sport bucket seats with 4000 miles from a dealer for $75,000.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Curtis said:
In 1/06 I bought a similar '05 Coupe CC with the upgraded 19" wheels and the sport bucket seats with 4000 miles from a dealer for $75,000.
consider suckers like me paid over 100K, 75K is really a good deal. I mean 78K isn't bad either :'(

·
Registered
742 Posts
I think you have more room to go. $72,000

According to your post you are buying an 05 coupe CC well equipped with 4,000 miles just about 10 months into 06.

I bought an 04 Coupe CC loaded, with a tubi and about 1,200 miles in July 05. I paid $70,500.00 Initially they were asking $75,000 a few months prior, then it went down to $72,000. They would not budge past $70,500.

I felt I got a good deal. There were cheaper 04s with Tubis but the mileage was a little higher and I loved the color.

I do not know how true this is, but its been said that Maserati's image has been climbing over the past 18 - 24 months as a result of the GS and the QP and all the press, which may explain why prices are firming. Personally, I think its supply and demand and how motivated the seller or buyer is that determines the price.

First do a seach on cars.com, the dupont registry and ebay. ( take the listings on ebay with a grain of salt - I have seen some super cheap Maseratis on ebay but they come with Lemon Law Title Buy Backs...) Make sure you get a car fax.

Then start calling all the dealships that have cars you like in your price range. Compare their numbers and begin to play them against each other. Eventually, you will get to a point where the dealers will not budge... That should be your best price... It took me about 3 months to find my car, but it was definately worth it...

Be patient and make sure you inspect or have your new car inspected before you buy it. Let us know how you make out.

Good luck, and enjoy! These cars are great! CM

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thakns Chris -- sounds advice. I may also see if it is available to lease (up through the remainder of the warranty -- 10/09). Suggestions?

·
Registered
742 Posts
Leasing a Maserati for personal use is a challenge....

If you are planning on leasing a Maserati just make sure to figure in all the costs.... And compare them with buying and enjoying a slighlty used coupe for a few years and then selling it, trading it, or even keeping it for a long time.

Taking into consideration their depreciation, these cars are great values with a few thousand miles on them, to purchase. Everytime I looked into a lease, it was about 1,500 per month for a coupe or 2,000 per month on a GS, plus additional mileage, plus wear items like a clutch... It did not make sense when I could buy a slightly used Maserati at a discount.

Good Luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts