Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure this is nitpicking, but is there anyway to keep the radio off when I turn the car on?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I am sure this is nitpicking, but is there anyway to keep the radio off when I turn the car on?
Not sure if you have the same radio as I do (the Becker "Infotainment" unit). If you do have the Becker unit, and the radio is "on" when you remove the ignition key, it will come back on when you restart the car. If you turn the radio off (press the "on" button) before you remove the ignition key, it will not go on again until you press the "on" button.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not think it is the same.

My radio comes on regardless of the status when I turn off the car and remove the key. My car is an 04. It really does not make much difference, it just does not make much sense.

Thanks

·
Registered
76 Posts
When we say turn off the radio, we mean by holding down the Audio Off button for several seconds until "Audio Off" appears on the screen - not turning off the Infocenter like you would do in a "average" car. In this mode your radio should be off when you restart.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much

I tried reading the manual but I kept falling asleep.

It worked.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
A baseball bat to the freakin NIT should do it. I drove for 2 hours each way to my boss' lake house in Cedar Creek in the rain on labor day. Not familiar with the area, I asked the "Queen" as Jennifer refers to the English bird in my navigation system, for directions. This had to be one of the most hysterical things I've ever encountered. After exiting 175, she boldly stated that I needed to make an immediate u-turn, unaware of the recent off ramp. After ignoring her babbling for 20 minutes, she got pissed and refused to give me any further directions (B*TCH!). We had to call my boss to talk us in. The "Queen" remained mum until the return trip where she was happy to give me incorrect directions all the way back. So..... I don't blame you for wanting to turn the thing off permanently!!!! Better than listening to the comedy channel though!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts