Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made an attempt to go Xmas shopping in San Francisco yesterday. I went into a parking garage looking for parking. ...Stop and go, stop and go....slight inclines....

I noticed about mid-way into looking for parking (I gave up and left)..when I would put a bit of gas while in 1st, an audible beep would come on....it continued even when I got out of the lot and back into City traffic. ...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

I have heard the beep driving in SF. Means the clutch is getting hot. There is mention of this in the Owner's Manual. Was told be dealer the clutch/transmission don't like city type driving.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

When i took my car for service, they told me that the clutch engages at around 1600 rev so if constantly keepping the car to run at this range, it is easy to burn to clutch...

correct me if i m wrong...!

Hope it helps...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had this on my Gransport quite a few times as driving into the City of London daily is a tough stop - start - slow rolling affair and this is what kills the Cambio box. After the beeping came on and a red warning light came on and then when both went out, the gear change was awful. It goes into some default mode that makes you think you are driving a Renault with a burnt out clutch!

Took it back to the dealer and had to have the clutch plate angle repositioned. Apparently it either bends out of shape of something like that (i'm not a tecchie!). Anyway, this happened twice and had to be sorted twice, but have not had any problems for 5 months on this now. They uploaded some new software parameters and it seems to have cleared it.

Stu

1 - 4 of 4 Posts