Maserati Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
You need to contact Jeff @ formuladynamics.com He has a piggy back ECU that will add a ton of torque on the low end and unbelievable power rush on the top end.....

http://www.formuladynamics.com

That's who we all pretty much use here when we want more power.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Wow, it's good to see this site is truely global in its expanse.
There really isn't too much out there for the Maserati's performance wise.
The Best place I know of is also Formula Dynamics in Las Vegas.
Jeff is a class act and his products are top notch, tested, tried and true.
If you can't get enough power, you can always go the John Cooper route, which is make the car as light as possible. Best of luck on your journey.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Two serious improvement firms in Europe have special enhancements for Maserati cars, one is in germany (DIMEX Group) which has the LeoNardo Maserati tuning.

I know they do new cars as well as tuning your existing car (3200 and 4200 Coupes), they have 4 stages which goes to 450 bhp and even a turbocharged 530 bhp!

Apart from engine tuning, they also offer a wide range of body upgrades, from wheels, brakes, suspension & springs, exhausts, aluminium parts, carpets, steering wheels, sport seats and loads of carbon items for the interior.

The LeoNardo Maserati cars i've seen are really impressive, but not my kind of thing, i personally like to keep the car as-is from the manufacturer.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
@Maserati Blue: Are these guys the same as Modena-Tec, who also superchargers 4200 and GS, perhaps trading now under a new name/corporate entity?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
No, as far as i know they are different companies, one is DIMEX Group (http://www.leonardo-performance.com/) which is:

LeoNardo Tuning for Maserati
Imola racing for Ferrari
Jota Bulls for Lamborghini
Royal Excellence for Aston Martin

Modena-Tec is http://www.maserati-tec.com and is a different tuning firm for Maserati tuning only.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The sites don't seem to have any stuffs for GT though.

Anyone knows if we can put the GTS exhaust onto the GT....for an "audio" power upgrade :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
A member on here - vantage - had Tubi back boxes put on his GT along with the chip upgrade by DMS. I emailed him back in February to ask what improvements this had made. Here is his response to me :

"Hello,
I was not 100% happy when i got my GT .. was a bit like driving a German car at first, very smooth and quiet felt like the engine was not giving 100%. Same engine as my old GranSport which was so lively and yet dull in the GT !!
The upgrade has helped a great deal giving the engine more freedom, more revs and torque ! I think what's really aided are the new back boxes which allow the engine to breath more and the gear change from 1st to 2nd now sounds like a Spitfire!!
The upgrade on the software was £1200 +vat (should be £1400 + vat).
Have a word with Mike Cooper from DMS. He can fill you in on the finer details of the upgrade.
Now I enjoy driving my GT. It sounds like a Maserati and revs like one !!"

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
We do offer the Larini Exhaust system with muffler and an improved X-Pipe for the GT and I can tell you that it makes an amazing sound compared to the stock mufflers. We also make a Performance ECM Chip, Drive By Wire Enhancement for the car that really wake up the performance.

Best Regards,
-- Jeff

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hey Jeff,
So gotta question on that DBW, gonna wake up my manual 6-speed too? I heard it was mostly for the CC's and for firmer shifting and clutch life, but neither of those really affect my "old fashioned left foot-right hand" approach. Still worth getting? Wanna hook me up with a military discount? LOL Did some searching and came up with nothing, so thought I would ask.

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
FD makes a DBW enhancement for the manual version of the Coupe/Spyder. There are a couple of reviews on the board I believe, do a search :)

·
Vendor
4,728 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts