Maserati Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back with another question for my 09 QP S. I feel like the volume is pretty low for when its on full blast. When I am driving with the windows down I can barely hear the music on full blast. Even if I leave the car parked with the music on full blast with the windows down its not as loud as it should be. The sound is clean just not loud enough. Do I have a blown speaker possibly? Maybe my radio unit is acting up because the 4 buttons on the left side don't work at the moment....yeah been driving my car without sport mode ever engaged :cry:. So just wanted to get some insight how the volume is in everyone else QP's

·
Registered
239 Posts
I have a 2012 and the music is definitely not super load in these cars. That said, you should be able to hear the music with windows down. Some users have reported failure of capacitor in the radio unit, which makes the sound drop (esp base sounds). You may want to try feeding it music with different tones to see if it makes a difference.

·
Registered
118 Posts
There is an issue with some of the units not putting out sound. Either an overheating amp, head unit or some communication problem that prevents the head unit from turning the amp on. Seems to be a common issue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I get the feeling it might be my head unit just because as I bring my finger towards the options button it like senses my finger and the menu pops up without me ever pressing anything, its one of the strangest things ive seen. Could the capacitor be changed on its own or would I have to change the whole unit? This would suck as I decided to just pay the dealer for the 4 buttons that come along the left side of the screen on Monday to replace for me, now im thinking I should have just got a used screen lol

·
Registered
118 Posts
If I understand, you have had the buttons changed? Dealer may have buggered a connector. Have them recheck their work.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no no I have an appointment with the dealer on monday. I had them order the buttons for me because it was on back order from the states. They also have been fairly busy so monday was the earliest I can get my car in. and on a side note whats up with everyone being so afraid to do a tranny flush even the dealer, I probably have one of the higher mileage QPs currently sitting at 168k kms lol

·
Registered
118 Posts
Is that economical? The buttons are on the frame that holds the screen and are not part of the screen. Scuderia has them I think for $125 usd. Not sure what the dealer charges.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have 99k on mine and no leaks so leaving things as they are. Some claim that tranny flushes loosen crud and causes problems. I can't say for sure. Look up tranny flush in the threads.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just ordered the 4 buttons, I am embarrassed to say how much I am paying them for the part and labor but dealer said $400 for the part $150 for labour. At the moment the dealers turn around time was much faster than going through scuderia but ofcourse even the dealers are loaft too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts