Maserati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone swap out their (manual) gear shift knob? I gave it a good hard twist but got no motion. I don't want to put too much pressure on it for fear of breaking it. Is it removable or is there something I'm missing that I have to do to remove it?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Guess no one has tried this?

I bought a skull gear knob for Halloween :) But I can't get it on.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
More like cobwebs, spiders, and other creepy crawlies MUAHAHAHAHA

I'm going as Flavor Flav. This is funny because I'm a white guy from the suburbs and an occasional southern accent.

My service advisor got back to me finally and said there's a bolt deep in there somewhere but I haven't had a chance to check.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have F1 Maser so no help. But the skull knob is killer.

Where can I buy the one pictured? It belongs in my F355. When gawkers look into my car they will see a skull instead of the steel ball:

Attachments

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A shop on Melrose called Necromance. Full of creepy stuff from ages past like old medical equipment, stuffed lab rats, gory crime scene photos, twisted x-rays, etc. etc.

I didnt' see any bolts or screws anywhere on the stick though. I even pulled off the little Maserati emblem on the ball itself--no dice. Darnit.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I believe it is glued on, try and pull on it and twist gently at the same time, should just pop off...dont ask how I know this!

·
Registered
660 Posts
TBH, better be careful. Not the nicest thing to find yourseld in the motorway, doing a hard downshift, and all of the sudden **POP** be left only holding the skull in your hand...

Ed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts