Maserati Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
It's probably the thermostat, but you need to connect to the OBD plug with an analyzer that reads real time data. Most of the code readers on the market will do so. That dash gauge is not very accurate.

Reactions: Oishi

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's probably the thermostat, but you need to connect to the OBD plug with an analyzer that reads real time data. Most of the code readers on the market will do so. That dash gauge is not very accurate.
Thank you - wasn’t sure. I do know that one “tick” above the center mark and those 2 fans kick on like an F5 tornado.

Kindly,
Stephen

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Stephen! Looks like that could be issue. How have you been doing? Hope things are well, haven't heard from you in a while.
Ed
Hi Ed,

Thank you sir - been doing well thank you…..been really focused on my Bentley. The top of the engine is completely torn apart replacing all the “O” rings, spark plugs and wires….and new front springs….hoping your well…looks like nasty weather in your part of the country.

Kindly,
Stephen

·
Premium Member
2009 GranTurismo S
373 Posts
36 degrees out….and I was on the expressway at a good pace.

Kindly,
Stephen
At that temp running at speed I'd say it's fine. Next time you drive it see if it goes back up to normal when driving in traffic or when stopped at a light or something. My GT does that too, runs well below the 195 mark if it's below 50 or so outside.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
At that temp running at speed I'd say it's fine. Next time you drive it see if it goes back up to normal when driving in traffic or when stopped at a light or something. My GT does that too, runs well below the 195 mark if it's below 50 or so outside.
Thank you - yes the temperature goes back up after idling for a while…I know the front of the car has a HUGE opening for cooling so it only makes sense to me that the car runs super cool especially when it’s in the 30s.

Kindly,
Stephen

·
Super Moderator
5,351 Posts
I have to disagree. The whole point of the thermostat and so on is to keep the temperature in a comparatively narrow operating range. Certainly mine never ran cooler because it was cold outside. Nor have any of my cars since about 2000, unless the thermostat was not functioning 100%

C

·
Registered
2005 CC Coupe
62 Posts
When I 1st bought my car and on test drives the temp was staying steady around 195 on the gauge. I got caught in stop and go traffic and about 1/2 way into my 1 hour+ drive home all the sudden the temp went down well below 195. The next time I drove it it threw a code for the temp sensor. That was it and after replacing it she's steady between what I would consider 185 + 195 on the gauge depending on conditions. I also replaced my thermostat just because!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts