Maserati Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brakes have been squeaky since my GT was 1 month old. It's gotten progressively worse (very loud now).... is it reasonable to ask my dealer to replace the pads and rotors with new parts?

·
Registered
92 Posts
My brakes have been squeaky since my GT was 1 month old. It's gotten progressively worse (very loud now).... is it reasonable to ask my dealer to replace the pads and rotors with new parts?
I have seen different manufactorers replace brakes under warranty. Just keep calling the service manager complaining. If that doesnt work get the name and number of the Maserati Area Aftersales Manager, and bug him. I always say the squeaky wheel gets the grease. You do also have to understand that these are performance brake pads. If you dont brake hard enough the rotors and pads glaze over. If the brakes and rotors get replaced they need to follow a brake bed in procedure. I am sure that Brembo has a very specific procedure to follow. Check the insert given inside the brake pads box, or they may have something listed on their website.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts