Maserati Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm able to start my 05 cc coupe w/o pressing down the brakes in neutral. Is this normal? I read in the handbook that I'll need to set the handbrake and press down the foot brake in order to start. I've been told by a dealership that is was normal and that only when the gear is engage that I'll need to press the brakes before starting. Please chime in on your own experiences, thanks!

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'm able to start my 05 cc coupe w/o pressing down the brakes in neutral. Is this normal? I read in the handbook that I'll need to set the handbrake and press down the foot brake in order to start. I've been told by a dealership that is was normal and that only when the gear is engage that I'll need to press the brakes before starting. Please chime in on your own experiences, thanks!

Perfectly normal, only need your foot on the brake if you are in gear.

Eric

·
Registered
333 Posts
That feature stopped working on my car sometime ago... something else I lost and have not found any answer yet is the hill-hold feature. I believe both stopped working at the same time. Is the hill-hold feature working on yours?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the answer! Yeah, the hill holder still works. Its a love/hate relationship. I love it in San Francisco. I hate it when it seems to lag when i'm flooring it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts