Maserati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to sell my coupe and it is a sweet car for the person looking for a car in "like new" condition with only 6300 miles, tubi exhaust, custom 3 piece Cargraphic 19 inch wheels, ride height lowered to Euro Gransport specs by Ferarri Technician using all factory parts. Everything is like new. The car has been my toy (4th vehicle). The car is black/black with silver piping and stitching, blue gauges, F-1, & aluminum pedals. If you are interested check out the pictures in the classified section here and give me a call (480) 206-4569 (please don't send email through the classified link because it doesn't work for some reason). I will take $71,000 for the car and both the aftermarket wheels & factory wheels. Both sets are in like new condition. If you just want the factory wheels I will take $69,000. Check it out and let me know what you think. The car is located in Scottsdale, Arizona.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
feedback

For those of you viewing the car, please give me your feedback on what you think of how I set the car up, it's options, and the price I'm asking. I think I priced it really low to sell quickly especially if you like the Maserati with a dealer installed tubi exhaust, and a very aggressive stance with the new wheels which were an approximate $6500 upgrade and pretty much still new & the suspension upgrade. If you are interested in purchasing it and would like more pics, let me know your email address. I need to sell it pretty quickly so call me if you are interested. Thanks.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Beautiful car. I'm not trying to rain on your parade but have been looking for 2005 GS and I know you can find CC for mid 50's. I know you have done upgrades but many times that also voids warranty. I think if you get an offer of mid to hi 50's that's doing pretty well. The car is almost 3 years old and will be worth less everyday if you really want to sell it.

Good luck the car is beautiful

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
2005 model pricing

That is interesting. Almost everywhere I look at 2005 models the lowest price is mid $60's (with much higher mileage) and the lower mileage 2004 models are there. I have access to the dealer's manheim auction site and low mile 2005 Cambiocorsa Coupes have recently gone at $63K wholesale to dealers (without any upgrades).

Also, on the warranty issue with the upgrades, there should be no problems with what I have done. The tubi exhaust was dealer installed (the car was delivered with it) and the suspension is in spec with the Euro Gransport (all factory parts done by Ferrari licensed technician). As per the tech's recommendation, I went with 19 inch wheels because that is the size the Gransport comes with and the rears are slightly wider (10.5 inches) with 285's on them. Of course it is always up to the dealership you take it to to determine if they want to say the warranty was effected, but there is no reasonable question that this car falls within the specs that are in use and set up by Maserati. Oh, the warranty is good til September of 2009 so that should also give the prospective buyer additional comfort with this purchase. Thanks for your feedback.

·
Registered
196 Posts
They might have been 63k wholesale 10 months ago. Here is manheim report from Sept 2006.
I'm sure the recent wholesale numbers are more like lo 50's. You might try calling Scottsdale Ferrari/Maserati for more accurate info.
Again nice looking ride.

Auction Sold For miles
2004 Coupes:
06/22/06 RIVRSIDE Lease $56,000 10,718 Above GREY
07/11/06 FAAO Lease $52,000 14,156 Above BLACK
07/20/06 RIVRSIDE Regular $54,000 9,422 Above BLACK
08/17/06 RIVRSIDE Lease $46,000 21,033 Above SLR
09/12/06 FAAO Lease $45,000 21,979 Above BLACK
09/14/06 RIVRSIDE Lease $45,000 23,205 Above BLUE

2004 GS Spyders:
03/15/06 W PALM Regular $66,250 5,391 Above BLUE
03/23/06 MANHEIM Regular $59,000 10,040 Avg SILVER
05/10/06 W PALM Regular $64,200 1,564 Above WHITE
06/22/06 RIVRSIDE Lease $62,000 11,092 Avg BURGUNDY
07/05/06 W PALM Lease $59,000 2,440 Avg WHITE
08/17/06 RIVRSIDE Lease $58,000 3,917 Avg BLUE

2005 Coupes:
10/20/05 MANHEIM Regular $65,000 142 Above GREY
10/20/05 MANHEIM Regular $64,000 71 Above BLACK

2005 GS Spyder:
08/31/05 W PALM Regular $66,800 3,495 Above RED

2005 Quattroportes:

07/05/06 W PALM Regular $80,500 4,179 Avg GREY
08/02/06 W PALM Regular $81,300 8,793 Avg BLACK
08/17/06 RIVRSIDE Regular $81,000 4,627 Avg SILVER
08/17/06 RIVRSIDE Regular $77,000 7,968 Avg BROWN
08/25/06 LAUD/MIA Regular $85,000 2,462 Avg Grey
09/14/06 RIVRSIDE Regular $74,000 15,087 Below BURG

2006 Models:
GS Spyder: 05/25/06 RIVRSIDE Regular $89,250 103 Above WHITE
Quattroporte: 05/18/06 GTR TMPA Regular $93,500 6,121 Above NONE
08/17/06 RIVRSIDE Regular $91,000 7,677 Avg BLACK
09/12/06 FAAO Regular $91,200 1,805 Avg WHITE

·
Registered
191 Posts
As we've discussed in many previous threads, modding cars does not usually increase its value much. In fact, in many cases it just decreases its value. Your car might sell in the high 50's or low 60's. There is a '06 GranSport on eBay now with 2k miles that has a BIN price of $69.9k. Didn't you list your car on eBay a few times already?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
...ride height lowered to Euro Gransport specs by Ferarri Technician using all factory parts.....
... the suspension is in spec with the Euro Gransport (all factory parts done by Ferrari licensed technician). ....
please clarify.
your first post says 'ride height'
your second post says 'suspension'

from what i understand, the skyhook damping (part of the suspension system) in the GS has different calibrations or settings. may be there are other parts that are different as well...

did you just lowered your CC to euro GS spec, or you have your entire suspension set up in spec with euro GS?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry for my delay in responding to you.

As far as Manheim values for a low mileage 2005 Maserati Coupe, for June 2007 the average price was $63K and for month to date in July it is $61K. But you have to keep in mind that these are dealer to dealer wholesale prices and transactions performed by dealers with experience & comfort in bidding on cars that they have only briefly been in contact with. They also have the connections to have work done on those cars to bring them up to retail level standards which comes at additional cost. So, unless you are a licensed dealer and are comfortable with everything that comes with those prices, you will probably spend alot of time looking and making lowball offers on cars and most sellers won't deal with you for very long. Afterall, if a seller is willing to sell his car at a price that wholesale dealers are purchasing at in auctions, why wouldn't he just trade it in for that and take the tax benefit on top of that.

In reality, for better or for worse, Maserati Coupes are in the US in such low volume that most traditional valuation guides like Kelly, Edmunds, etc. do not list them. Even the Manheim auctions have processed very few which is why the values change so much from month to month. Maserati's are not like Mercedes or other volume cars so it may be that only one or none went through the auction during any given period. For that reason I really believe that the best guide for individuals wanting to purchase one is looking at the current market prices. Go to cars.com or autotrader and see what prices are being asked for which models with what mileage. That is how I have priced mine which is pretty much at the bottom end of the 2005's which pretty much is the same as the top end of the 2004's and we all know the 2005 updates were pretty significant. The good news is that we all as Maserati owners in a way have much more control over how much value the cars hold so long as we stick to market level prices and don't just dump them because some dealer wants to make a quick buck.

I have put my car on ebay a couple of times, each time lowering the price or changing the structure of the auction. I actually had it sold the first time at $73K, but my buyer was in CA and was relying on not having to pay sales tax but when his credit union wanted to collect his portion of the funds, he found out he would have to pay sales tax and it took the car out of his price range. This was my fault because my auction originally stated that there was no sales tax for private sales in Arizona, but I don't think I was as clear about the Arizona part as I could have been. Now I make sure to say it 2 or 3 times.

I also decided to list it on ebay again today. This time I lowered the price and included the aftermarket wheels in the price with hopes that a serious buyer will take notice. I know from past experience that, in general, ebay lookers fall into two categories: they are either serious buyers or bottom fishing dreamers and most cars are basically auction quality and not as clean, documented, and low mile as mine. I am assuming that is why Gransports can have such a low price yet no one is willing to buy them because of something stated in the car history or title work. I have pretty much followed most of the interesting Maserati Coupes that get listed and the real ones are pretty consistent in price.

What I have found from my past ebay experiences (one car sold on ebay, 2 cars sold to people who saw the cars on ebay, and 1 car purchased from an ebay seller) is that most serious buyers will call you & get as much info as possible to research and make a decision on the car. Once they come out and see the car and meet the owner & see how meticulous and car crazy he is, it usually has worked (in my case) to solidify the purchase. I pretty much always have 3 to 4 cars and my attention span for each one of them usually lasts from 1-2 years so I spend alot of time observing and participating in the car market.

Regarding my suspension upgrade, I am not extremely technical in that area, but from my understanding of what the Ferarri technician told me is that the suspension is extremely similar to what the setup is on the Ferrari and that Ferrari has used it for a long time. Even with the Skyhook system, the suspension has a fully adjustable height set up and that is what was adjusted on my car along with all of the balancing and alignment that is required. The shop I took it to is Redline here in Scottsdale, AZ and the owner is extremely detailed and particular in the work he does which is almost exclusively on Ferrari and Porsches.

Again, thank you for your feedback. This thread should turn out to be really helpful for those looking to buy or sell Maserati's as well as current owners. I truly believe that my Maserati (and all Maserati's in general) delivers more than any other car out there for the same amount of money. They have a level of performance similar to that of BMW M and Mercedes AMG cars, but they offer so much more with the Italian bred performance, interior quality, & true level of exclusiveness due to low volume production. Seriously, I live in Scottsdale, Arizona where highend cars are a dime a dozen. You can pull up to any one of the numerous Starbucks here and see a parking lot full of AMG cars. But, everytime I drive my Maserati I get honks, smiles, thumbs-up, and calls from friends asking me did you just drive down Scottsdale Road. The car really stands out and that says alot when a car can do that in this town.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I looked long and hard for an 05 CC in January of this year. I was VERY lucky to find a Nero CC vintage with 3800 miles (no mods) for $65000. Thats $3-4k less than the best deal I found at the time. I flew to Minn. and had the car transported and still saved money. Seems like a lot of us are quick to devalue our cars. I think $71k might be a little high but its in the negotiation range and not way off. BTW MNA considers tubi an accepted upgrade that adds value to the car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your numbers are right on for market values and you did get a good deal on yours. From what I can tell $68K has been what you can call a "good" price for a low mile extra clean 2005 CC. That is why I'm asking in that range for mine with the factory wheels. At that price the buyer is getting a car worth all that plus he will get extras with the suspension work and tubi exhaust. I think adding another $2K for over $6500 in really nice custom made 3 piece wheels (in new condition) is a no brainer, but I guess that is all personal preference. An Arizona buyer (or someone able to register the car here) would benefit even more by not paying any sales tax on that price which sweetens the deal even more.

Are you enjoying your CC?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Plus remember beeyouzeezee bought his car in January and if you know the auto industry like you seem to the prices change pretty significantly on these type cars in 6 months (later). Good luck I'm thinking you will get 60-62k. Keep us posted with the results. You've had this car for sale for quite awhile correct? seen in on auto trader and ebay numerous times.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Never on autotrader. I thought about it, but when I tried to list it the site refers you to some type of collector car site and then charges you more money for what I think is a lesser known website. It sucks, only dealers can get Maserati's onto the Autotrader website.

I just started an auction yesterday on ebay. It is the 3rd one. As I stated earlier, my first time I thought I had it sold at $73K and it fell through. The second time my best offer was $69k and I did not accept it. This time I'm pretty much ready to let it go if I have a good solid buyer.

I will keep you posted if anything happens. Again, if anyone out there wants a really nice 2005 CC, you should take a serious look at this one. I wish there was one exactly like this on the market when I was looking. It would have saved me a bunch of money. But all of us car nuts learn the hard way about putting money into cars. One thing I truly believe and have experienced though is that it always is worthwhile to buy the best condition and newest model that you can afford because it does help you with the right buyer when it is time to sell.

·
Registered
196 Posts
From the pics it sure looks like a beauty!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts