Maserati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to buy a 2004 coupe 6 speed M/T on Monday but the carfax is saying nothing about scheduled maint. service since 2910 miles; the car now has almost 13K...two owners; seems hard to believe that NO warranty issue came up in 10K miles; at least most folks like me take it in RIGHT before warranty expiration to have the car looked over; the tires are shot as well and this is the one with the shifter boot fading in color; wonder if it was just run hard. knowing it was going to be traded;: .now if they can show maintenance records from independent shops I would feel better but I would think I would use the dealer during the warranty period; and just FYI I DO NOT know the scheduled maintenance intervals but I have been told that annual fluid changes is routine for these cars..I do not want to be replacing a Ferrari motor becasue the oil was not changed synthetic or not!..WOULD YOU BUY IT???????????? Dogdoc

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
R U SAYING NO to buying or NO only warranty work gets recorded?

Some of the carfax reports I see say "dealer scheduled maintenance performed" which I assume is NOT warranty work but normal maintenance intervals; how come they do not log that in..so are you saying "NO" don't buy or no that only warranty work is recorded?.or would this SCARE you off on buying this car since it shows NO dealer service or warranty work since 2910 miles and it is now at 13K? Thnx for any input dogdoc

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
the root of the problem is not carfax.

any owner or dealer should be able to provide you with all service history.

http://www.carfax.com/
read their pages. does it say "scheduled maintenance"???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts