Maserati Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer is offerring me a fairly good deal on my trade and a 4.7 QP versus the 4.2 I ordered... The car is blue with a Cuio interior. The shock of cuio compared to my MB gray is a bit jarring. Is cuio too bright/orange?

Thoughts?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I think it is too shocking and would not choose the car. However, just my opinion. I have a burgundy color car with beige interior and tobacco piping. Much easier on the eyes.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Cuio and cuio sella were described to me by the dealer as baseball glove and oiled baseball glove. He also told me they were the two most popular leather choices on custom orders (in 2007). I chose a cuio sella interior with black dash and side panels inside a grigio alfieri body....absolutely stunning! The sella leather gives a very rich and unique look and feel to the interior. Of course,to each his own....my BMW daily driver has light tan everything and has held up well-it's the same color as dirt!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Not at all. The baseball glove is a perfect analogy. I think cuio is Maserati's best interior color. My neighbor has blue/cuio (or close to) on his Bentley and it works very well. The cuio might contrast/jump out more against the QP's blue body, but I think the cuio is gorgeous, especially w/ black dashes and steering wheel. Like DoctorJim said about his grigio alfieri and cuio w/ black - stunning.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I think Cuoio would work quite well with darker shades of blue or even Grigio Granito.

If I were to get a QP it would definately be Blu Oceano with Cuoio with Nero dash, steering wheel and pipings....and dark chrome 7-spokes 20's.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I think Cuoio would work quite well with darker shades of blue or even Grigio Granito.

If I were to get a QP it would definately be Blu Oceano with Cuoio with Nero dash, steering wheel and pipings....and dark chrome 7-spokes 20's.
Ditto! :D

·
Super Moderator
4,261 Posts
I personally really love the cuoio interior colour but for a good match with the exterior colour, the blue needs to be dark.

·
Registered
181 Posts
if you are already doubting the cuoio interior, then don't do it. everyone's got different preferences, but i think the general masses would prefer not to get their interior in cuoio. because it's pretty loud. just take a step back and think about this.......if you are paying around 100K for a maserati, why do you want the mental hassle of second-guessing your decision even for a split second?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I decided to pass on the car I wasn't in love with Blue Oceano and the whole car was cuio. Dashboard, door panels and carpets. If the dash would have been black then maybe. I am in S. Fla. and I was concerned about a bright dash and sun reflection. I lost 2 nights sleep but if I have to talk myself into loving that color combo then it wasn't right for me.

I am waiting for my grigio touring to come in specd exactly as I wanted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts