Maserati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys
looking at buying a coupe, its an 02 with 40K miles on it. seems to be in pretty good condition. its a manual and fully loaded. This would be our first maz. now, being an italian "exotic", how would the car fare as a daily driver? commute is ~30miles a day. not worried about mpg, but just general stuff...

also, i read that the cars are pretty much rock solid, motor wise. tran actually has a brand new clutch too, so that should last a while. other then that, any other issues to worry about or look at? how is the electronics system in these cars? any concerns there? my bro's gf's dad had an 02' coupe and he had a nightmare of electrical bugs...

any and all opinions would be highly appreciative. thank you guys for your time.
Aj

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
The car will be fine as a daily drive with that distance. The coupe is a GT and the seats are very comfortable. If the car is also a manual and not the F1 tranny then you'll have a decent clutch life compared to the F1 system.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
is it an okay daily driver??

it is a great daily driver!

do it as a public service. you will make other drivers very happy seeing a nice maserati on that 30 mile daily commute.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Sadly; I can't speak about my Maserati Coupe' as a daily driver. BUT..... I have never been disapointed when I do drive it.

·
Registered
722 Posts
If your daily drive is all stop and go, it's not the best choice. But if you have some room to give it legs, go for it.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
I completely agree with DeaneG - it is *not* a car for stop-and-go traffic, but it is most definitely a car I drive 3-4 days a week, even in the winter.

I put about 8000 miles a year on mine.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey guys
thanks for the info!!! no, the commute is mainly free flowing traffic. rarely do we hit stop and go, but im sure we will sometime or another...

any other big things to worry about in an 02'? it is a manual trans, and the clutch is brand new (just put in) so there is plenty of life left on it.

thank you again guys, really appreciate it!
Aj

·
Registered
203 Posts
Daily driver

I use my 02 spyder as a daily driver, half motorway, half stop/go. F1 gearbox.

Never let me down apart from an immobiliser issue which in reality would have taken 2 mins to fix if I'd bothered to read the manual properly.

Highly recommended - you'll get used to being cool after a week or so of daily commuting, but won't stop the public staring at you wondering who you are in such a stunning car. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts