Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering a 2016 GT with CPO warranty from Maserati included in the sales price. While I realize the retail cost is approximately $1300 per year, I’m curious if people have found that the cost is worth the protection? The car has low mileage and a clean title, no accidents, fairly regular maintenance as seen on the carfax report.

Also, I reviewed the CPO warranty agreement, and it does exclude “damages or faults caused by not following maintenance schedule/services as outlined in the owners manual or warranty/service book”. Is this overly restrictive?

Thanks!

·
Registered
545 Posts
I purchased our car with a CPO warranty (which expired last month) and Maserati has denied the three claims that I've submitted, stating that the defective items are "wear items" that are not covered by the warranty.

Leaking valve cover seals: $2000
Broken outside mirror adjustment knob: Quoted $895 to replace a part that costs <$100 (Although I "fixed" it with two drops of Super Glue gel)
Turn signal lever doesn't self-cancel after completing a left turn: Claim denied and I never received a quote for the repair.

I've said it many times on this forum in the past. I love the car, but absolutely despise Maserati as a brand. Their lack of concern for their customers cost the dealership in San Antonio the sale of a new Levante for my wife.

·
Registered
230 Posts
You would be better to put that money, and all the other non- purchased warranty monies in your retirement plan. They wouldn't sell'm if they didn't make money on them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I purchased our car with a CPO warranty (which expired last month) and Maserati has denied the three claims that I've submitted, stating that the defective items are "wear items" that are not covered by the warranty.

Leaking valve cover seals: $2000
Broken outside mirror adjustment knob: Quoted $895 to replace a part that costs <$100 (Although I "fixed" it with two drops of Super Glue gel)
Turn signal lever doesn't self-cancel after completing a left turn: Claim denied and I never received a quote for the repair.

I've said it many times on this forum in the past. I love the car, but absolutely despise Maserati as a brand. Their lack of concern for their customers cost the dealership in San Antonio the sale of a new Levante for my wife.
Thanks for your input. In your opinion, would these denied claims be covered under the factory warranty?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I believe that a factory warranty is the relative equivalent of a CPO. Usually the CPO is offerred by the brand. Therefore, seems doubtful unless car had a 12 month bumper to bumper which is typically when initial issues are rectified. I have both an Alfa Romeo and a Maserati and have had zeros issues to eith that required a warranty claim. That is even better than a warranty!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Thanks for your input. In your opinion, would these denied claims be covered under the factory warranty?
I was told by the service manager that the new car bumper to bumper warraty would have covered the issues I've had.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts