Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was one of the fortunate few to jump on the group buy of Denso Iridium spark plugs offered by Maseratiboy.

So I finally spent an hour yesterday replacing the OEM plugs on my '02 Coupe with the Denso's. The engine started up immediately; and has what sounds like a slightly throatier tone in the exhaust note when at idle. I have to admit the acceleration at around 3600/4000+ RPM's has seemed to improve. Maybe I was pushing the car harder than I usually do..... The plugs do seem to help the engine produce more power.

Final verdict; I like the improvement, it was money very well spent. Next time I have to replace the plugs, I'll stick with the Denso plug. (even if I have to pay retail.......)

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Yeah, same here. It's much smoother too I think.

Still missing two from the set because of the stripped bolts (either from bfore I got it, or after the service :[ )

Dont worry Euro,

You wont have to pay retail :]

·
Registered
660 Posts
Nice to hear my recommendation has worked out as expected...

Again, could be that your plugs needed to be replaced anyway (so NGKs were near the end of their service life) BUT that's unlikely the case if you replace 'em on a yearly basis. Not saying NGKs are bad, just that Densos are a better deal. Punto.

·
Registered
835 Posts
thumbs up - way up

installed the plugs this past weekend. It's worth every penny...that is, all 8000 of them :D

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Absolutely!!!

I love my Denso's... Also love the cold weather here in Denver, it's amazing how well the car runs when it's only 30 degrees F outside.... You can feel the extra ponies!

·
Registered
722 Posts
Guess my car was already running well! Fun to spin the tires with 1/2 throttle in 1st.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts