Maserati Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the iPod integration kit from Delorean Pilot off eBay for $90. Very slick, and works like a charm!

As expected, the most difficult part was unhooking the CD Changer harness from the back of the Magnetti Marelli CD unit. I found sitting in the back seat after removing the center console lid, and one of the vents made it much easier.

Anyhow, after hooking it up, I did find that you have to have a CD in the changer to make it work with the iPod. I just stuck in an old CD that I never listen to (something like Lawrence Welk) and the iPod worked like a charm. Of course you can't get anything cool, like the Album artwork, or song names to display on the display unit, but that doesn't really trouble me.

I filed a slot in the box to allow the cable to be pulled our further if needed and also so it won't get pinched with opening and closing the lid.

Very slick indeed.

Attachments

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks great!
Did it take long to fit?
I had a look on ebay but can't find one, do you have a link?
Here is the link on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Blau...trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQitemZ150215626772

I would say I spent about 30 minutes. By far, the most difficult part is removing the harness from the back of the unit and plugging in the "pigtail". Once that is done, its very fast and straight forward. It comes with a nice color instruction sheet with photo's.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Sounds like the old Dension Icelink, which worked in exactly the same way and which I have in my '03 Coupe GT. It requires you to set up a number of playlists but if it is the same works very well with good sound quality.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Back in Stock

I ran out of these for a time, but I have a bunch in stock now.

Also, I am getting close to finalizing the mod for the QPs. Working with a QP owner in Canada, the big differance may be the QP mod may not charge the iPod/iPhone/MP3Player, or, if you want it to charge, you have to hookup it up to a different power source, such as the cigarrette lighter.

Feel free to e-mail me directly at [email protected] if interested.

Sincerely, Delorean Pilot

1 - 6 of 6 Posts