Maserati Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm trying to get numerous IPODs tat I own to work through the head unit on my new car.

My Iphone when plugged in just flashes and vibrates so there seems to be some weird power thing going on there.

My mini ipod works and charges but I cannot get it to show up on the stereo. Is there a setting I am missing?

Of course it works fine through the aux input but there are no controls obviously.

Can someone help me?

Thanks, Mitch

·
Registered
49 Posts
My advice - RTFM !!!!
What connection are you trying to use ? - if USB then the manual tells you that there are 2 types of UBS connection; 1) is power only, which is probably why your IPod is just getting juice 2) is full USB connectivity. However do not think it is Ipod compatible at all so you will need an alternative MP3 player - I have mine downloaded to a memory stick which works fine but I-Pod doesnt work.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My advice - RTFM !!!!
What connection are you trying to use ? - if USB then the manual tells you that there are 2 types of UBS connection; 1) is power only, which is probably why your IPod is just getting juice 2) is full USB connectivity. However do not think it is Ipod compatible at all so you will need an alternative MP3 player - I have mine downloaded to a memory stick which works fine but I-Pod doesnt work.
Hi,

So if I load tunes on a USB memory stick, it will work? What file structure?

Thanks, Mitch

·
Registered
49 Posts
Mitch

Sorry - I may have misled you - what I am using is an SD card (pinched from my kids playstation) which is inserted into the USB adaptor that I usually use for downloading photos to my PC. It is a simple low cost solution and I suspect a USB memory stick would also do the job. I am absolutely useless when it comes to IT so cant comment on 'format' etc but if i can do it trust me anyone can.

You should also look at the other current string on this issue which deals with this in greater detail - 'Idiots guide....'.

Morsimon

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mitch

Sorry - I may have misled you - what I am using is an SD card (pinched from my kids playstation) which is inserted into the USB adaptor that I usually use for downloading photos to my PC. It is a simple low cost solution and I suspect a USB memory stick would also do the job. I am absolutely useless when it comes to IT so cant comment on 'format' etc but if i can do it trust me anyone can.

You should also look at the other current string on this issue which deals with this in greater detail - 'Idiots guide....'.

Morsimon
HI,

Thank you for the info. I will look at the other thread.

Mitch

·
Registered
8 Posts
If it's the new 3g iphone they run on 5v instead of 12v. That's one reason that they don't integrate with most aftermarket ipod cables. I believe you can actually get a newer cable but i'm not sure about it going to the factory deck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts