Maserati Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Keeping the CD Changer

Glad to hear of the installation success, and satisfaction with my product.

If you are interested in keeping the CD changer, I do offer a version that includes switches that allow you to switch back and forth between the CD Changer and iPod.

The problem is the switches are pretty large. They are a little smaller than two packs of cigarettes. One customer didn't like them, so I am very careful to caution everyone that they might not be able to find a good spot to install the switches due to the size.

I offer 100% money back guarantee, so if you want the switches, but don't like them, send it back, and I can give you a refund, or I can send you the one without the switches (and partial refund for the switches). You just have to pay for return shipping.

Sincerely, DeloreanPilot

·
Registered
71 Posts
CD Changer

Yes,
I can provide the cable with switches that allow you to switch the audio back and forth between the ipod (or other audio device i.e. MP3, XM, Sirius) and the CD Changer.

The problem is the switches are relatively big. About the size of two packs a cigarretts. Maybe a little smaller than that. So the trick for you is finding a good inconspicuous spot for the switches. Unfortunately, I am not familiar enough with the different Maserati models to recommend a spot. I do have various extention cables that can give you flexibility with where you want to put the switches.

If you want the version with the switches, you can try that, and if you don't like it, send it back, and I can send you the normal version.

The switches version is $25 extra.

Sincerely,
DeloreanPilot

·
Registered
71 Posts
1. Do you have to have the cd changer ? or does it just plug into that jack on the back of the NIT ?

YES, you must have a CD changer. That is the only way to "trick" the Blaupunkt OEM headunit in the Maserati.

2. Can you use a shuffle or nano, or only an ipod ?

You can use a nano. The shuffle is a little different since it uses a standard headphones jack instead of the iPod connector. If you have a shuffle or iPhone, I can make it with a headphones jack. No charging though. :(

3. Can you control it from the headunit ? Any display on the headunit ?

You can't control anything from the headunit. And nothing from the iPod displays on the headunit. Sorry.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Feel free to e-mail me direct at [email protected]

It should work the same with the Spyder. You'll need to connect it behind the headunit, and again, you'll need to have an EXTERNAL CD CHANGER installed in your vehicle.

Sincerely, DeloreanPilot

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.