Maserati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just reading the latest Maserati Newsletter, and they were talking about the new limited edition "Collezione Cento" model.

What caught my eye was the following: ".......rear seat passengers who benefit most, with 10” multimedia touch screens mounted in the front seat backs, wireless Bluetooth headphones, USB and iPod ports, DVD player and a fold-away keyboard to allow Internet browsing."

Does this mean its the only model Maserati with that capability? Still no iPod or Bluetooth for the GranTurismo or other Quattroporte models?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was told by a dealer that in the UK they can fit for about £50 a kit which allows the ipod to play through the stereo. You still need to control the music using the ipod itself but seems like a cheap and simple solution?

·
Registered
695 Posts
jalpa Mike,

I read somewhere that MP3/Stereo interfacing and Bluetooth is supposed to be incorporated in mid-2008 production on QP and GT.

Obviously, the Cento and the mp3 hard-drive in the GT shows that they are aware of bringing infotainment into the 21st Century.

Bluetooth is my "need" as Cali goes hands-free beginning in July.

·
Registered
541 Posts
jalpa Mike,

Bluetooth is my "need" as Cali goes hands-free beginning in July.
Shi - -tn me. California is not hands free ? NY has been for years. So how does everyone hold their lattes and phones at the same time ?:D

·
Registered
227 Posts
Shi - -tn me. California is not hands free ? NY has been for years. So how does everyone hold their lattes and phones at the same time ?:D
You DON'T want to know what we steer with.

·
Registered
46 Posts
bermyandy,
You mentioned that a dealer in the UK can fit a kit to allow ipod to play through the stereo. can you give me the contact of the dealer? I would like to find out how they do it and I maight be heading out to that direction in a few months

·
Registered
4 Posts
its about 20 minutes from heathrow

Come out of london on the m4, take the m25 (i dont know how it is signposted, but as you come of the m4 for the m25, you can either take a left or a right, you need to stay in the left lane)

then come off junction 13 of the m25 towards egham, follow signs to egham and you get to a roundabout with some roadworks, go straight over and you hit a short stretch of dual carriageway and you will see it on your right

These are rubbish directions i admit, its a route i have been doing almost every weekend for the past 6 years so I kind of go into auto pilot im afraid!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
i got you all covered already as mentioned in my old qp bluetooth kit thread. stay tuned for the price as we are working that out now for the qp and grand turismo's.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
541 Posts
Wow, that looks interesting. Has anyone purchased one? $90.00 seems a bit steep for a wire connector, but if it works it might be nice.

Thanks for tip.
Haven't tried it but I might once I get my car working !

Also, there is a Porsche site called Bumperplugs.com - they they have a unit to integrate the ipod with porsche head units - I spoke with the owner- Eric - he is working on making it work for the Maserati.

·
Registered
71 Posts
$90 Mod

Wow, that looks interesting. Has anyone purchased one? $90.00 seems a bit steep for a wire connector, but if it works it might be nice.

Thanks for tip.
Hello,
I'm the one who sells the $90 mod. I thought the price was really good, considering the alternative that some people have opted for is dropping $5000 on a completely new system . . . just to get their iPod working.

The price is about 50% parts, 50% labor. I also had to buy and then fabricate some tools that allow me to make the wiring mod with the original Blaupunkt parts.

There are a number of posts on this website regarding my item. One from a guy in Florida who it did not work for, and 3-4 from other guys who were able to have success with it.

If you are interested, you can check it out on ebay by doing a search for "blaupunkt maserati" or e-mailing me at [email protected]

Sincerely,
DeloreanPilot

1 - 15 of 15 Posts