Maserati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to thank the board for the help getting this to work so easily.

I was able to get the Dennison unit from the UK 129 pounds with shipping to the states. www.ghc.co.uk it arrived 2 days after it was ordered. The part numbers are below.

Product/Description
ICE LINK PLUS CAR SIDE (BLAUPUNKT/ALFA/FIAT/MASERATI)
Code: 39823 Qty Sent: 1 Qty Owed: 0

ICE LINK IPOD CONNECTION (MINI IPOD 1G ACTIVE CRADLE)
Code: 38167 Qty Sent: 1 Qty Owed: 0

The install was straight forward as decribed else where. I however not only took out the 2 small screws in the console and the 2 under the rubber mat I removed the 4 large phillips screws at the rear of the console afer removing the hinged cover. I also removed the rear vents that are pressed in in order to gain access to the connector on the amp. I do not know how you guys fit the connector on without removing all these items. With the rear screws out and vent removed you can see the connector better and gain a few valuable mm of room for your hands.

I plugged it in mounted the craddle stelthly in the console box and it all worked first try.

Does anyone have it so you can see the song titles on the screen. All I see is the song number. The song name does appear on the ipod still.

In my other car s2000 with a Alpine the song name comes up on the radio but the ipod is blank other than the Alpine logo.

I am very happy to have my tunes in the Coupe!!!

·
Registered
246 Posts
You won't see the song title or artist on the Maser screen, just on the iPod itself.
Mike

·
Registered
312 Posts
drdice said:
Do you have to disconnect the cd changer to get this to work or is there a way to have both?
Drdice, here is an alternative way (but pricier) that provides a much more elegant result and can definetly support CD changer); integrating all your electronics onto the Sat Nav screen. From a previous post:

iPOD in your Maser - a much better way!

Well damn, it worked! So there is finally a happy solution to the iPOD in the Maser problem - and more.

Just picked up my 05 QP from the audio shop after having a bunch of electronic boxes and wires hooked up.

Now I have both an iPOD and a Sirius Sat Radio elegantly integrated like it was factory installed. Here are some features of this approach.

Nothing shows, no antenna, no iPODs, no Satellite Radio device. Its just all right there on the Navigation screen, just like CD and Radio do now.

A small simple little wireless remote control runs working with your NAV screen handles all iPOD and Sat Radio operations.

All the info from the iPOD screen and the Sat Radio screens appear on my navigation screen. All iPOD features are there; unlimited playlists and data base info. The MP3 tags show up on the screen (Song, Artist Album, Playlist). A little electronic eye for the remote is embedded behind an air vent. Sat Radio antenna is hidden under the grill on the dash.

Data streams remain digital all the way through. iPOD is mounted under the steering column where the nav disks go (went) in a little holder that also charges the iPOD. Sat Radio mounted somewhere under the dash; never need to access it.

How it works: A company called NAV-TV (http://www.nav-tv.com/) cracked some code and made a box that gets directly into the nav screen electronics and stereo preamp. Don't have a part number but it says Nav-TV Corp Optical on the box and MAS VIM is written on the side. There is an adaptor needed, in the case of the QP system just MAS is written on the side of that box. Its not the car that matters its the maker of the Nav Screen and attached electronics. I'm told they have an adaptor and software for every screen type.

So the NAV-TV box connects to the car electronics using the adaptor. Then an Alpine Electronics Vehicle Hub is connected to that. The Hub can accept signals from iPODs, Satellite Radio (Sirius only), CD Changer, DVD Player and perhaps others. The Vehicle Hub part number is VPA-B221A.

An Alpine iPOD adaptor is required between the Vehicle Hub and the iPOD; part number KCA-420i. Alpine Sat Radio plugs in directly, no adaptor needed.

That's it. Hit the TV button on the dash and all the attached devices appear on the Nav screen, select IPOD, Sat Radio or whatever and off you go. All other factory dash buttons functions and screens are unchanged.

Send me a PM if you need the name of the shop and the people there. Its in North Idaho, by the way. They said they would be happy to take calls from people or other shops trying to do this.

The era of the CD in our cars is gone. The new focus is The Playlist and access to 60GB of music riding 400 horsepower along fine roads. Today's Playlist is yesterday's cd, cassett, 8-track, 4 track.

Jeez, life is good.

Ken

·
Registered
835 Posts
kbrookings said:
...How it works: A company called NAV-TV (http://www.nav-tv.com/) cracked some code and made a box that gets directly into the nav screen electronics and stereo preamp. Don't have a part number but it says Nav-TV Corp Optical on the box and MAS VIM is written on the side. There is an adaptor needed, in the case of the QP system just MAS is written on the side of that box. Its not the car that matters its the maker of the Nav Screen and attached electronics. I'm told they have an adaptor and software for every screen type...
unfortunately their CAN Bus converter only works with QP and there is not an immediate plan to make one available for M138...

·
Registered
246 Posts
For the earlier coupes and spyders, the main unit is made by Magneti-Marelli, and has a Blaupunkt compatible socket for a 5 CD changer. You can search this board for more info on the changer.
Bottomline, with these earlier models, you can install either the CD changer or the Dension IceLink iPod adapter, but not both.
I think some of the later coupes might have a Becker unit, and I don't know what options you have with that.
As HaHa said, the QP's have yet another system.
Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts