Maserati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 CC and am considering a ICE/Link

What is the latest firmware people are running on their ICE Links?

Does it fully integrate into the InfoCenter (I understand their is an issue due to the 5 Disk Changer).

I really only want it if it is fully integrated (or as much as an ICE/Link ever integrates).

I have the CD Changer and plan on pulling it and keeping the ICE/Link and the iPod where the changer was.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
dsd

·
Registered
246 Posts
Look at this thread, or search for others re:ipod.

http://www.maseratiforum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=591&highlight=ipod

The unit works, but with some quirks. Waaaay better than radio reception (which is an oxymoron on our Maseratis!) though.

I was notified by Dension NA a month or so ago that they had a new version of firmware for 5CD changers ready for release, but it appears it is actually still in testing before release.

Mike

·
Registered
909 Posts
This is a different adapter than has been mentioned on these threads before..

Have you used this one haha?

This seems to be a bit more straight-forward than the dension set-up, I'd really like to know how well it works. Knowing how much ipod song\playlist restructering has to be done to work with this compared to the dension would be nice too.. Plus, its WAAY cheaper.

·
Registered
835 Posts
so...it doesn't work at all? or iPOD plays but you cannot control it through navi...

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just had the Icelink + installed in my QP and it runs just fine. I can shuffle and select the first 5 playlists.

·
Registered
312 Posts
opec said:
I just had the Icelink + installed in my QP and it runs just fine. I can shuffle and select the first 5 playlists.
Hey Opec, could you let me know the model number of the Icelink unit and anything that might be helpful about the installation.
Thanks very much,
Ken

·
Registered
37 Posts
I got it from a custom installer here in the San Francisco Bay Area. It's the connector for the Blaupunkt series units.

·
Registered
312 Posts
opec said:
I got it from a custom installer here in the San Francisco Bay Area. It's the connector for the Blaupunkt series units.
Could I get his name. I'm in California too, and in the Bay Area a lot.
Thanks much

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bluapunkt adapter

When I plugged the iPod adapter into the CD connector, the stereo system never even recognized it. I could not play anything. The stereo system just sat in the "CD Init" mode.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bluapunkt adapter

When I plugged the iPod adapter into the CD connector, the stereo system never even recognized it. I could not play anything. The stereo system just sat in the "CD Init" mode.

·
Registered
246 Posts
The IceLink seems to work sort of ok on the Maserati's with the Magneti-Marelli headunit that accepts the 5 CD Blaupunkt CD changer. The feedback on this thread suggests that the unit offered on Crutchfield that is "Blaupunkt compatible" will not work on our cars. This doesn't surprise me given the history with the early IceLinks.
The newer Maseratis (GS with the Becker headunit, and QP with the ??? headunit) may or may not work with the IceLink, my only personal experience is with the Magneti-Marelli headunit.
You can search this forum for lots of user feedback on the IceLink, but it does work, although a bit strange at times. In any case, it is much better than the marginal radio in our cars.
Dension just released a version of the IceLink firmware that is supposed to work better with our cars, but there seems to be a bit more work to get it working completely. If I can get this working solidly on my 2003 Spyder I will definitely post status.
Mike

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just received the Icelink update which was supposed to make it work with the 5 disc changer in my coupe. Unfortunately, it actually works worse now. I still can't access the setup menu for the Icelink and the first two tracks on any playlist will play but reset to the start if you pause them(not good for audiobooks or podcasts).

Sigh...

I hoping they get it right soon.

Marc

1 - 14 of 14 Posts